unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* Adding ruby-rails and ruby-sinatra.
@ 2016-08-10 12:11 Ben Woodcroft
From: Ben Woodcroft @ 2016-08-10 12:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel@gnu.org

Hi all,

I am quite happy to announce that we are almost on rails. There's a new
branch 'wip-rails' on savannah with a new file
'gnu/packages/rails-wip.scm', which includes ~100 ruby packages towards
rails and sinatra, both of which can be built and used, though I have
not yet used them for anything significant.

These packages are mostly in bad shape and not ready for master. I will
slowly get them into shape and push them over, but in the meantime I
thought that early adopters might have a use for them, find bugs or even
help improve them.

Hope this all helps someone out there.

ben

* Re: Adding ruby-rails and ruby-sinatra.
@ 2016-08-10 13:12 ` Thompson, David
From: Thompson, David @ 2016-08-10 13:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ben Woodcroft; +Cc: guix-devel@gnu.org

On Wed, Aug 10, 2016 at 8:11 AM, Ben Woodcroft <b.woodcroft@uq.edu.au> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am quite happy to announce that we are almost on rails. There's a new
> branch 'wip-rails' on savannah with a new file 'gnu/packages/rails-wip.scm',
> which includes ~100 ruby packages towards rails and sinatra, both of which
> can be built and used, though I have not yet used them for anything
> significant.
>
> These packages are mostly in bad shape and not ready for master. I will
> slowly get them into shape and push them over, but in the meantime I thought
> that early adopters might have a use for them, find bugs or even help
> improve them.
>
> Hope this all helps someone out there.

Wow!  At work we're still on Rails 3 so I cannot give these packages a
real-world test since I assume they are for Rails 5, but this is very
exciting nonetheless.

Great work!

- Dave