unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* ANNOUNCE: guille kernel for Jupyter
@ 2018-01-26  2:04 Linas Vepstas
From: Linas Vepstas @ 2018-01-26  2:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guile User, guix-devel

I've just been pointed at this:

https://github.com/jerry40/guile-kernel

Recall that Jupyter is a web-based interactive framework meant for
collaborative creation of research diaries, journals, presentations & etc.
where the researcher/author can embed snippets of code that graph stuff, do
stuff, etc. (e.g. there is a "graphs like XKCD" plugin) It's mostly a
python thing, and I bitched about it, and now there's a guile thing!

Disclaimer: I have not tried this, and have played with jupyter only
shallowly. But I think this is a good thing, a very good thing, as it opens
the door for using guile in big-data settings or general science or
scientific-data analysis.

Linas.

--
cassette tapes - analog TV - film cameras - you