unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* Possibly incorrect dependency in go-1.4 package
@ 2020-04-23 11:34 Josh Marshall
From: Josh Marshall @ 2020-04-23 11:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hello,

I am trying to build tusd, as per the instructions in the git repo.  This
fails with `ld` being unable to find "crt1.o" and "crti.o", and is using
gcc 7.4.0.  I do not have gcc-7.4.0 installed on my profile, and I do have
glibc and gcc-toolchain installed.  The gcc version I have access to is
9.3.0.

It appears that go is an alias for go-1.13, which is a modification of
go-1.4.  go-1.4 has most of the package definition, and the native input
gcc:lib.  I think this needs to be removed, and a propagated input for
gcc-toolchain added.  However, I think I'm almost right and have something
wrong somewhere.