unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* Guide! Help! Using guix, or GNU/Linux, for secrecy, privacy.
@ 2020-11-05 14:44 Aniket Patil
From: Aniket Patil @ 2020-11-05 14:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

I don't know whether is this mailing list is appropriate to talk about this
subject or not, but I am going forward, please don't get me wrong.

I have been following Richard M. Stallman, Eric S. Raymand, Arron Swartz
from long time. I know how to use and secure myself pretty much I would
say. But I don't feel secure and have that reliance on the internet while
using it. So I got X200 librebooted it, still using some proprietary wifi
card, hence non-free distro like arch is my main OS. I want to get rid of
this Google thing, I do have protonmail account, but I don't think that is
reliable either. Recently, I read zimouns vlog

" right, Google is evil, but the storage and the search features are really
useful. So, I am thinking to switch to notmuch <https://notmuchmail.org/>,
but not enough time to configure it, yet. "

So, is notmuch is reliable?

I get paranoid after reading RMS, or Snowden. I think a lot about my
privacy and others as well. Hence I am asking this, and participating in
GNU projects and Free Software Projects. So coming to the point.

How to or which email client shall I use or email service?

Recently I was browsing on TOR but I guess even TOR exposes my IP address
on internet. So shall I use it with VPN? If So which VPN? I know about
WireGuard but it has GPL2 license not GPL3.

What else can I do to secure myself?

TL;DR Just read last questions.

Aniket.