unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* mirror://gnome question
@ 2020-02-29 10:37 Vincent Legoll
From: Vincent Legoll @ 2020-02-29 10:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hello,

I was trying to update aisleriot, which uses the mirror://gnome/ to
download source, it failed with a 404 on the following servers:

https://ci.guix.gnu.org
https://tarballs.nixos.org
https://archive.softwareheritage.org

It is not on nixos mirror, probably because they're still on an older version...

but when reading guix/download.scm, I don't find those urls listed for
the gnome mirror, what I am missing ?

I found no additional infos in the manual, in

6.2 Defining Packages
7.3 Invoking guix download

Thanks for any help

--
Vincent Legoll

* mirror://gnome question
@ 2020-02-29 11:19 Vincent Legoll
From: Vincent Legoll @ 2020-02-29 11:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: vincent.legoll, guix-devel

answering to myself (I should have searched before asking)...

The 3.22.10 version has been tagged in gitlab, but the tarball
still isn't available on the official gnome download site, that
should probably explain what's happening.

Sorry for the noise.

--
Vincent Legoll

* Re: mirror://gnome question
@ 2020-02-29 18:34 ` Leo Famulari
From: Leo Famulari @ 2020-02-29 18:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vincent Legoll; +Cc: guix-devel

On Sat, Feb 29, 2020 at 11:37:19AM +0100, Vincent Legoll wrote:
> https://ci.guix.gnu.org
> https://tarballs.nixos.org
> https://archive.softwareheritage.org

[...]

> but when reading guix/download.scm, I don't find those urls listed for
> the gnome mirror, what I am missing ?

These URLs provide content-addressed mirrors that Guix always falls back to
when it cannot download the file in the "normal" way, which in that case
would be the GNOME mirrors. They are defined in 'guix/download.scm'.

* Re: mirror://gnome question
@ 2020-03-01  9:52   ` Vincent Legoll
From: Vincent Legoll @ 2020-03-01  9:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Leo Famulari; +Cc: guix-devel

On Sat, Feb 29, 2020 at 7:34 PM Leo Famulari <leo@famulari.name> wrote:
> These URLs provide content-addressed mirrors that Guix always falls back to
> when it cannot download the file in the "normal" way, which in that case
> would be the GNOME mirrors. They are defined in 'guix/download.scm'.

Thanks for the details, I'll have a look

--
Vincent Legoll