unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* Regards from Outreachy applicant
@ 2018-10-07 19:32 Laura Lazzati
From: Laura Lazzati @ 2018-10-07 19:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel; +Cc: ricardo.wurmus

Hi everyone,

My name is Laura and I am applying for the outreachy program.

I have already introduced myself in the IRC channel, but I am also
doing so here.

I'm an Information Systems Engineer from Argentina, who graduated with
honors. I liked really much your project. I worked in two HPC
supercomputer centers last year, but unluckily I had a bad experience,
so that's why I am applying to outreachy. I even took two Latin
American courses, one of them even abroad.
In spite of everything, I don't deserve to give up and I do not want to.

Thanks for being a supporting community.

Regards!

Laura

* Re: Regards from Outreachy applicant
@ 2018-10-07 20:58 ` Björn Höfling
From: Björn Höfling @ 2018-10-07 20:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Laura Lazzati; +Cc: guix-devel, ricardo.wurmus

On Sun, 7 Oct 2018 16:32:38 -0300
Laura Lazzati <laura.lazzati.15@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> My name is Laura and I am applying for the outreachy program.
>
> I have already introduced myself in the IRC channel, but I am also
> doing so here.
>
> I'm an Information Systems Engineer from Argentina, who graduated with
> honors. I liked really much your project. I worked in two HPC
> supercomputer centers last year, but unluckily I had a bad experience,
> so that's why I am applying to outreachy. I even took two Latin
> American courses, one of them even abroad.
> In spite of everything, I don't deserve to give up and I do not want
> to.
>
> Thanks for being a supporting community.

Welcome to the public mailing list, Laura.

I'm sure you will enjoy Guix and its community!

Björn

* Re: Regards from Outreachy applicant
@ 2018-10-08  7:18 ` alex sassmannshausen
From: alex sassmannshausen @ 2018-10-08  7:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Laura Lazzati; +Cc: guix-devel, Ricardo Wurmus

On Sun, 7 Oct 2018, 21:50 Laura Lazzati, <laura.lazzati.15@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> My name is Laura and I am applying for the outreachy program.
>
> I have already introduced myself in the IRC channel, but I am also
> doing so here.
>
> I'm an Information Systems Engineer from Argentina, who graduated with
> honors. I liked really much your project. I worked in two HPC
> supercomputer centers last year, but unluckily I had a bad experience,
> so that's why I am applying to outreachy. I even took two Latin
> American courses, one of them even abroad.
> In spite of everything, I don't deserve to give up and I do not want to.
>
> Thanks for being a supporting community.
>
> Regards!
>
> Laura

Welcome to the community and good luck with the project!

Always a joy to see new people :)

Alex

* Re: Regards from Outreachy applicant
@ 2018-10-08  7:29 ` Gábor Boskovits