unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* Grafting segfault
@ 2020-03-29  9:19 Gábor Boskovits
From: Gábor Boskovits @ 2020-03-29  9:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guix-devel

Hello Guix,

Pulling from an older guix version yesterday, I have noticed that on
system reconfigure the grafting sometimes failed with sigsegv.

After several retries, segfaulting always on different packages, the
system build finished successfully. I do not have a way to reliable
trigger this problem. It is definitely indeterministic. As it happens
in the build phase, it does not cause real problem when it is noticed,
and retried. This is all the information I have on the issue so far.

Best regards,
g_bor
--
OpenPGP Key Fingerprint: 7988:3B9F:7D6A:4DBF:3719:0367:2506:A96C:CF63:0B21

* Re: Grafting segfault
@ 2020-03-29 15:06 ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2020-03-29 15:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gábor Boskovits; +Cc: Guix-devel

Hi!

Gábor Boskovits <boskovits@gmail.com> skribis:

> Pulling from an older guix version yesterday, I have noticed that on
> system reconfigure the grafting sometimes failed with sigsegv.
>
> After several retries, segfaulting always on different packages, the
> system build finished successfully. I do not have a way to reliable
> trigger this problem. It is definitely indeterministic. As it happens
> in the build phase, it does not cause real problem when it is noticed,
> and retried. This is all the information I have on the issue so far.

This is sad, but I’ve reverted to Guile 2.0 for grafts in
033df23680cce1b3ccd9c83b97d8c200176cdb0a.

To anyone reading this: if you experience(d) it, please report as many
details as possible.  In particular, it would be great to have the name
of a derivation that more or less reproducibly crashes.

Thanks,
Ludo’.