unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* Statistics and --rounds
@ 2018-03-03 13:17 Gábor Boskovits
From: Gábor Boskovits @ 2018-03-03 13:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guix-devel

I will write here a short notice of the statistical implications of
building software multiple times in general. I hope you will find this
information useful.

Hypothesis: the probability of successfully building the software is
greater than or equal to p.

This hypothesis can be accepted with a confidence level c=1-p^(k+1), where
k is the number of rounds the software was built, and all the builds were
succcesful.

* Re: Statistics and --rounds
@ 2018-03-04 20:14 ` Gábor Boskovits
From: Gábor Boskovits @ 2018-03-04 20:14 UTC (permalink / raw)