unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* [Internship][Discussion] Do we want to run our own internship program?
@ 2023-02-13 20:13 Gábor Boskovits
From: Gábor Boskovits @ 2023-02-13 20:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guix Devel

Hello Guix,

This is a kickoff message to start the discussion if we want to run our own
internship program as the Guix community.

We discussed this idea on the Guix Days, and came to the conclusion that
this is financially feasible, but needs effort and maybe also some know-how
from the community members.

So, the question is: do we want to run our own?

Regards,
g_bor

* Re: [Internship][Discussion] Do we want to run our own internship program?
@ 2023-02-14 11:18 ` Simon Tournier
From: Simon Tournier @ 2023-02-14 11:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gábor Boskovits, Guix Devel

Hi Gábor,

On lun., 13 févr. 2023 at 21:13, Gábor Boskovits <gboskovits@gmail.com> wrote:

> So, the question is: do we want to run our own?

By “our own”, do you mean something like “Guix Summer of Code”?  Or
whatever other season. :-)

Similar to:

https://summer.nixos.org/
https://summer.haskell.org/news/2017-04-05-getting-ready.html

If yes, doing that under the French law is not straightforward and it
would require some paperwork.  Well, maybe not.

Cheers,
simon

* Re: [Internship][Discussion] Do we want to run our own internship program?
@ 2023-02-14 19:29   ` Gábor Boskovits
From: Gábor Boskovits @ 2023-02-14 19:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Simon Tournier; +Cc: Guix Devel