unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
From: Julien Lepiller <julien@lepiller.eu>
To: Meiyo Peng <meiyo@riseup.net>
Cc: Guix-devel <guix-devel@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: Translation of the Guix manual & node names
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2019 09:24:48 +0200	[thread overview]

Le 24 avril 2019 09:08:34 GMT+02:00, Meiyo Peng <meiyo@riseup.net> a écrit :
>Hi Julien,
>
>Julien Lepiller writes:
>
>> No, we have a small script that takes care of this. As long as the
>node
>> name is translated somewhere near the beginning of the file, it is
>also
>> automatically translated in the rest of the file. So that shouldn't
>> cause an issue. Maybe there's an error in the script?
>>
>> Look at xref_command in doc/local.mk
>
>The xref_command is too complex for me to understand.  Do you mean we
>don't need to translate all the reference strings in @ref{}, @xref{}
>and
>@pxref{} as long as the target node name after "@node" is translated?
>That will be a good news.

Yes exactly! What this command does is to look for any ref, xref and pxref command and look for the translation of its content in the po file for the language.

>> Also look at fr.po, I haven't translated most of the node names.
>
>By saying "most of the node names" have not been translated, do you
>mean
>some of the reference strings in @ref{}, @xref{} and @pxref{} should be
>translated?

No, sorry for the confusion. At the very beginning we didn't have that command so some of the strings have translated references in them, but you shouldn't do that anymore.