unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* [ART] Updated SLiM theme with GuixSD logo
@ 2015-02-12 18:56 Luis Felipe López Acevedo
From: Luis Felipe López Acevedo @ 2015-02-12 18:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

I just updated the SLiM theme with the new GuixSD logo. The text-input
box remains in the same position, so no additional changes are needed.

See the attached image,

--
Luis Felipe López Acevedo
http://sirgazil.bitbucket.org/

[-- Attachment #2: GuixSD-SLiM-panel.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 320728 bytes --]

* Re: [ART] Updated SLiM theme with GuixSD logo
@ 2015-02-12 19:39 ` Thompson, David
                   ` (3 subsequent siblings)
From: Thompson, David @ 2015-02-12 19:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Luis Felipe López Acevedo; +Cc: guix-devel

On Thu, Feb 12, 2015 at 1:56 PM, Luis Felipe López Acevedo
<felipe.lopez@openmailbox.org> wrote:
> I just updated the SLiM theme with the new GuixSD logo. The text-input
> box remains in the same position, so no additional changes are needed.

Looks great!

- Dave

* Re: [ART] Updated SLiM theme with GuixSD logo
@ 2015-02-12 19:41 ` Andreas Enge
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Andreas Enge @ 2015-02-12 19:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Luis Felipe López Acevedo; +Cc: guix-devel

On Thu, Feb 12, 2015 at 01:56:37PM -0500, Luis Felipe López Acevedo wrote:
> I just updated the SLiM theme with the new GuixSD logo. The text-input
> box remains in the same position, so no additional changes are needed.
> See the attached image,

I regret the previous more gnu inspired theme, but must admit that the
new one is very beautiful indeed!

Andreas

* Re: [ART] Updated SLiM theme with GuixSD logo
@ 2015-02-12 20:52 ` Daniel Pimentel
From: Daniel Pimentel @ 2015-02-12 20:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Luis Felipe López Acevedo
  Cc: guix-devel, guix-devel-bounces+d4n1=opmbx.org

On 2015-02-12 15:56, Luis Felipe López Acevedo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just updated the SLiM theme with the new GuixSD logo. The text-input
> box remains in the same position, so no additional changes are needed.
>
> See the attached image,
Congratulation! Beautiful work :)
--
Daniel Pimentel (d4n1)

* Re: [ART] Updated SLiM theme with GuixSD logo
@ 2015-02-12 21:29   ` Pierre-Antoine Rault
From: Pierre-Antoine Rault @ 2015-02-12 21:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Enge; +Cc: guix-devel

Le jeudi 12 février 2015 à 20:41 +0100, Andreas Enge a écrit :

> On Thu, Feb 12, 2015 at 01:56:37PM -0500, Luis Felipe López Acevedo wrote:
> > I just updated the SLiM theme with the new GuixSD logo. The text-input
> > box remains in the same position, so no additional changes are needed.
> > See the attached image,
>
> I regret the previous more gnu inspired theme, but must admit that the
> new one is very beautiful indeed!

The new theme take a step towards a more modern allure.
We wouldn’t want to feel old-fashioned, would we ? ;)

rigelk -

* Re: [ART] Updated SLiM theme with GuixSD logo
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2015-02-12 22:34 ` Ricardo Wurmus
From: Ricardo Wurmus @ 2015-02-12 22:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Luis Felipe López Acevedo; +Cc: guix-devel

Luis Felipe López Acevedo writes:

> I just updated the SLiM theme with the new GuixSD logo. The text-input
> box remains in the same position, so no additional changes are needed.
>
> See the attached image,

In addition to saying that the logo is pretty I have two comments:

- do we really want to use the abbreviation "GuixSD" (rather than the
  actual name) so prominently?  In my opinion the abbreviation just
  makes it easier to refer to the system, but it's not like that's the
  actual name.  As the focus is on offering a GNU system (which just
  happens to be called Guix System Distribution or GuixSD in ambiguous
  circumstances) wouldn't it be better to stay with either just the new
  wildebeest logo or simply the GNU logo?

- The SLiM theme is blue whereas the GRUB theme (and the colour theme of
  Ludo's slides) is orange.  Will the SLiM theme's colours eventually be
  adjusted?

~~ Ricardo

* Re: [ART] Updated SLiM theme with GuixSD logo
                   ` (3 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2015-02-12 22:50 ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2015-02-12 22:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Luis Felipe López Acevedo; +Cc: guix-devel

Very nice as well.

And the actual rendering:

[-- Attachment #2: the image --]
[-- Type: image/jpeg, Size: 77696 bytes --]

Thank you!

Ludo’.

* Re: [ART] Updated SLiM theme with GuixSD logo
@ 2015-02-13  9:46   ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2015-02-13  9:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ricardo Wurmus; +Cc: guix-devel

Ricardo Wurmus <rekado@elephly.net> skribis:

> - do we really want to use the abbreviation "GuixSD" (rather than the
>   actual name) so prominently?  In my opinion the abbreviation just
>   makes it easier to refer to the system, but it's not like that's the
>   actual name.  As the focus is on offering a GNU system (which just
>   happens to be called Guix System Distribution or GuixSD in ambiguous
>   circumstances) wouldn't it be better to stay with either just the new
>   wildebeest logo or simply the GNU logo?

That’s the feeling that many of us shared several weeks ago, that we
shouldn’t do any branding other than GNU.

OTOH, it’s become clear that we’d have no support in doing that and no
influence over the GNU “brand”; in that sense, we would have to spend a
lot of energy for a result that may be unsatisfying.  I suspect Felipe
reached the same conclusion.

We continue to support GNU obviously, and I hope we can contribute to an
evolution in this area, even if not as directly as initially planned.

Does that make sense?

Ludo’.

* Re: [ART] Updated SLiM theme with GuixSD logo
@ 2015-02-13 14:48     ` Luis Felipe López Acevedo
From: Luis Felipe López Acevedo @ 2015-02-13 14:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: guix-devel

El vie, 13-02-2015 a las 10:46 +0100, Ludovic Courtès escribió:
> Ricardo Wurmus <rekado@elephly.net> skribis:
>
> > - do we really want to use the abbreviation "GuixSD" (rather than the
> >   actual name) so prominently?  In my opinion the abbreviation just
> >   makes it easier to refer to the system, but it's not like that's the
> >   actual name.  As the focus is on offering a GNU system (which just
> >   happens to be called Guix System Distribution or GuixSD in ambiguous
> >   circumstances) wouldn't it be better to stay with either just the new
> >   wildebeest logo or simply the GNU logo?
>
> That’s the feeling that many of us shared several weeks ago, that we
> shouldn’t do any branding other than GNU.
>
> OTOH, it’s become clear that we’d have no support in doing that and no
> influence over the GNU “brand”; in that sense, we would have to spend a
> lot of energy for a result that may be unsatisfying.  I suspect Felipe
> reached the same conclusion.

Exactly. So I proposed the new logo to avoid any clash within the GNU
Project.

I also feel unhappy about not being able to promote this system as the
GNU Operating System (because that's what I think it is). [1]

[1]
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnu-system-discuss/2014-11/msg00002.html

* Re: [ART] Updated SLiM theme with GuixSD logo
@ 2015-02-13 21:27   ` Luis Felipe López Acevedo
From: Luis Felipe López Acevedo @ 2015-02-13 21:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ricardo Wurmus; +Cc: guix-devel

El jue, 12-02-2015 a las 23:34 +0100, Ricardo Wurmus escribió:

[...]

> - The SLiM theme is blue whereas the GRUB theme (and the colour theme of
>   Ludo's slides) is orange.  Will the SLiM theme's colours eventually be
>   adjusted?

I made the SLiM theme use the same default desktop background to provide
a smooth transition to the desktop after logging on (in a default
installation).

But I'm not against using black/orange backgrounds on GRUB and SLiM. I
attach an example.

[-- Attachment #2: GuixSD-GRUB-to-SLiM.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 163481 bytes --]

* Re: [ART] Updated SLiM theme with GuixSD logo
@ 2015-02-13 21:29     ` David Thompson
From: David Thompson @ 2015-02-13 21:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Luis Felipe López Acevedo, Ricardo Wurmus; +Cc: guix-devel

Luis Felipe López Acevedo <felipe.lopez@openmailbox.org> writes:

> El jue, 12-02-2015 a las 23:34 +0100, Ricardo Wurmus escribió:
>
> [...]
>
>> - The SLiM theme is blue whereas the GRUB theme (and the colour theme of
>>   Ludo's slides) is orange.  Will the SLiM theme's colours eventually be
>>   adjusted?
>>

> I made the SLiM theme use the same default desktop background to provide
> a smooth transition to the desktop after logging on (in a default
> installation).
>
> But I'm not against using black/orange backgrounds on GRUB and SLiM. I
> attach an example.

I like that better than the blue background.  Very good work!

--
David Thompson
Web Developer - Free Software Foundation - http://fsf.org

* Re: [ART] Updated SLiM theme with GuixSD logo
@ 2015-02-13 22:58       ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2015-02-13 22:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Thompson; +Cc: guix-devel

David Thompson <dthompson2@worcester.edu> skribis:

> Luis Felipe López Acevedo <felipe.lopez@openmailbox.org> writes:
>
>> El jue, 12-02-2015 a las 23:34 +0100, Ricardo Wurmus escribió:
>>
>> [...]
>>
>>> - The SLiM theme is blue whereas the GRUB theme (and the colour theme of
>>>   Ludo's slides) is orange.  Will the SLiM theme's colours eventually be
>>>   adjusted?
>>>

>> I made the SLiM theme use the same default desktop background to provide
>> a smooth transition to the desktop after logging on (in a default
>> installation).
>>
>> But I'm not against using black/orange backgrounds on GRUB and SLiM. I
>> attach an example.
>
> I like that better than the blue background.  Very good work!

I like it too!

Ludo’.

* Re: [ART] Updated SLiM theme with GuixSD logo
@ 2015-03-01 15:14     ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2015-03-01 15:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Luis Felipe López Acevedo; +Cc: guix-devel

Luis Felipe López Acevedo <felipe.lopez@openmailbox.org> skribis:

> El jue, 12-02-2015 a las 23:34 +0100, Ricardo Wurmus escribió:
>
> [...]
>
>> - The SLiM theme is blue whereas the GRUB theme (and the colour theme of
>>   Ludo's slides) is orange.  Will the SLiM theme's colours eventually be
>>   adjusted?
>>

> I made the SLiM theme use the same default desktop background to provide
> a smooth transition to the desktop after logging on (in a default
> installation).
>
> But I'm not against using black/orange backgrounds on GRUB and SLiM. I
> attach an example.

So, what about using the black-background version for SLiM?  You seemed
to be slightly reluctant to that maybe?

Thanks,
Ludo’.

* Re: [ART] Updated SLiM theme with GuixSD logo
@ 2015-03-01 16:16       ` felipe.lopez
From: felipe.lopez @ 2015-03-01 16:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ludo; +Cc: guix-devel

On 2015-03-01 10:14, ludo@gnu.org wrote:
> Luis Felipe López Acevedo <felipe.lopez@openmailbox.org> skribis:
>
>> El jue, 12-02-2015 a las 23:34 +0100, Ricardo Wurmus escribió:
>>
>> [...]
>>
>>> - The SLiM theme is blue whereas the GRUB theme (and the colour theme
>>> of
>>>   Ludo's slides) is orange.  Will the SLiM theme's colours eventually
>>> be
>>>   adjusted?
>>>

>> I made the SLiM theme use the same default desktop background to
>> provide
>> a smooth transition to the desktop after logging on (in a default
>> installation).
>>
>> But I'm not against using black/orange backgrounds on GRUB and SLiM. I
>> attach an example.
>
> So, what about using the black-background version for SLiM?  You seemed
> to be slightly reluctant to that maybe?
>
> Thanks,
> Ludo’.

Ah, sorry, I got distracted with the website design and never pushed the
black version to the repository. I'll do this today.

I'm fine with any of the versions, really. So I'll leave the decision to
you :)

* Re: [ART] Updated SLiM theme with GuixSD logo
@ 2015-03-01 20:37         ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2015-03-01 20:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: felipe.lopez; +Cc: guix-devel

felipe.lopez@openmailbox.org skribis:

> Ah, sorry, I got distracted with the website design and never pushed
> the black version to the repository. I'll do this today.

Thanks!

> I'm fine with any of the versions, really. So I'll leave the decision
> to you :)

I guess I’ll switch to the black version.  :-)

Ludo’.

* Re: [ART] Updated SLiM theme with GuixSD logo
@ 2015-03-01 21:33           ` felipe.lopez
From: felipe.lopez @ 2015-03-01 21:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ludo; +Cc: guix-devel

On 2015-03-01 15:37, ludo@gnu.org wrote:
> felipe.lopez@openmailbox.org skribis:
>
>> Ah, sorry, I got distracted with the website design and never pushed
>> the black version to the repository. I'll do this today.
>
> Thanks!
>
>> I'm fine with any of the versions, really. So I'll leave the decision
>> to you :)
>
> I guess I’ll switch to the black version.  :-)
>
> Ludo’.

I pushed the black version and a sister version for GRUB.

* Re: [ART] Updated SLiM theme with GuixSD logo
@ 2015-03-13 10:48 白い熊@相撲道
From: 白い熊@相撲道 @ 2015-03-13 10:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> Very nice as well.

The new theme is elegant, however I'd like to use the Gnu one out of
nostalgia. Where can I set it so SLiM shows the GNU logo instead?
--
白い熊@相撲道

* Re: [ART] Updated SLiM theme with GuixSD logo
@ 2015-03-14 14:03 ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2015-03-14 14:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 白い熊@相撲道; +Cc: guix-devel

白い熊@相撲道 <guix-devel_gnu.org@sumou.com> skribis:

> Ludovic Courtès wrote:
>> Very nice as well.
>
> The new theme is elegant, however I'd like to use the Gnu one out of
> nostalgia. Where can I set it so SLiM shows the GNU logo instead?

See the #:theme and #:theme-name options of ‘slim-service’.

HTH,
Ludo’.

* Re: [ART] Updated SLiM theme with GuixSD logo
@ 2015-03-14 17:44   ` 白い熊@相撲道
From: 白い熊@相撲道 @ 2015-03-14 17:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ludo; +Cc: guix-devel

On 2015-03-14 15:03, ludo@gnu.org wrote:
>> The new theme is elegant, however I'd like to use the Gnu one out of
>> nostalgia. Where can I set it so SLiM shows the GNU logo instead?
>
> See the #:theme and #:theme-name options of ‘slim-service’.
>
> HTH,
> Ludo’.

Thanks for this. I've checked the options and understand theme-name
gives the dir of the theme. However, I've checked the two dirs of slim I
have installed in the store. One of them is the original one, which
boots with the GNU, the other one is the current one with the GuixSD
logo. However both only contain a `default' theme dir, plus none of
these contain either the GNU or GuixSD background.

So, SLiM must be getting them from somewhere else. But where? I ran a
file search for common graphics types with names containing gnu, GNU,
and uix, but found nothing. I must be missing something. Could you help
me move further along?
--
白い熊@相撲道

* Re: [ART] Updated SLiM theme with GuixSD logo
@ 2015-03-15 13:47     ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2015-03-15 13:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 白い熊@相撲道; +Cc: guix-devel

白い熊@相撲道 <guix-devel_gnu.org@sumou.com> skribis:

> On 2015-03-14 15:03, ludo@gnu.org wrote:
>>> The new theme is elegant, however I'd like to use the Gnu one out of
>>> nostalgia. Where can I set it so SLiM shows the GNU logo instead?
>>
>> See the #:theme and #:theme-name options of ‘slim-service’.
>>
>> HTH,
>> Ludo’.
>
> Thanks for this. I've checked the options and understand theme-name
> gives the dir of the theme. However, I've checked the two dirs of slim
> I have installed in the store. One of them is the original one, which
> boots with the GNU, the other one is the current one with the GuixSD
> logo. However both only contain a `default' theme dir, plus none of
> these contain either the GNU or GuixSD background.
>
> So, SLiM must be getting them from somewhere else. But where? I ran a
> file search for common graphics types with names containing gnu, GNU,
> and uix, but found nothing. I must be missing something. Could you
> help me move further along?

The default theme and theme name of ‘slim-service’ are defined in (gnu
services xorg):

(define %default-slim-theme
  ;; Theme based on work by Felipe López.
  #~(string-append #$%artwork-repository "/slim"))

(define %default-slim-theme-name
  ;; This must be the name of the sub-directory in %DEFAULT-SLIM-THEME that
  ;; contains the actual theme files.
  "0.8")

The ‘artwork-repository’ variable here comes from (gnu artwork):

(define %artwork-repository
  (origin
    (method git-fetch)
    (uri (git-reference
          (url "git://git.savannah.gnu.org/guix/guix-artwork.git")
          (commit "61ae7c8")))
    (sha256
     (base32
      "102fxk2l6b0ibry3n430q8ljhwrnbml9qgalzkz6v09r7sx6a532"))))

To use the “GNU” SLiM screen, you need to use an older revision of the
guix-artwork.git repository.  So, in your OS config file, you can write
something like this (untested):

(define %old-artwork
  (origin
    (method git-fetch)
    (uri (git-reference
          (url "git://git.savannah.gnu.org/guix/guix-artwork.git")
          (commit "3236581")))  ;pre-GuixSD branding
    (sha256
     (base32
      "0ayg0693agck8zkcxfymph5ccc3y44cdf9i4y0qvxajhac8rkcaj"))))

(define %old-slim-theme
  #~(string-append #$%old-artwork "/slim"))

(define %old-slim-theme-name
  "0.8")

(operating-system
  ;; ...
  (services (cons (slim-service #:theme %old-slim-theme
                                #:theme-name %old-slim-theme-name)
                  ;; ...
                  )))

HTH!

Ludo’.

* Re: [ART] Updated SLiM theme with GuixSD logo
@ 2015-03-15 16:25       ` 白い熊@相撲道
From: 白い熊@相撲道 @ 2015-03-15 16:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ludo; +Cc: guix-devel

On 2015-03-15 14:47, ludo@gnu.org wrote:
> The default theme and theme name of ‘slim-service’ are defined in (gnu
> services xorg):
> The ‘artwork-repository’ variable here comes from (gnu artwork):

Many thanks for the explanation.

> To use the “GNU” SLiM screen, you need to use an older revision of the
> guix-artwork.git repository.  So, in your OS config file, you can write
> something like this (untested):

ERROR: Unbound variable: origin
--
白い熊@相撲道

* Re: [ART] Updated SLiM theme with GuixSD logo
@ 2015-03-16  8:52         ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2015-03-16  8:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 白い熊@相撲道; +Cc: guix-devel

白い熊@相撲道 <guix-devel_gnu.org@sumou.com> skribis:

> On 2015-03-15 14:47, ludo@gnu.org wrote:

[...]

>> To use the “GNU” SLiM screen, you need to use an older revision of the
>> guix-artwork.git repository.  So, in your OS config file, you can write
>> something like this (untested):
>
> ERROR: Unbound variable: origin

You need to add:

  (use-modules (guix))

at the top of the configuration file.

Ludo’.

* Re: [ART] Updated SLiM theme with GuixSD logo
@ 2015-03-16 11:03           ` 白い熊@相撲道
From: 白い熊@相撲道 @ 2015-03-16 11:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ludo; +Cc: guix-devel

On 2015-03-16 09:52, ludo@gnu.org wrote:
> You need to add:
>
>   (use-modules (guix))

Thank you. I tried various modules, for some reason didn't think of
guix...

Now it reconfigured, however the logo is still the new GuixSD. In the
store I now have three git-checkout dirs with 0.8 theme, however none of
these contains the GNU image, just the blue "wave" background.
--
白い熊@相撲道

* Re: [ART] Updated SLiM theme with GuixSD logo
@ 2015-03-16 13:00             ` 白い熊@相撲道
From: 白い熊@相撲道 @ 2015-03-16 13:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

On 2015-03-16 12:03, 白い熊@相撲道 wrote:
> Now it reconfigured, however the logo is still the new GuixSD. In the
> store I now have three git-checkout dirs with 0.8 theme, however none
> of these contains the GNU image, just the blue "wave" background.

There is a git-checkout that has a panel.png (was not looking for this
file) with the GNU head. However SLiM is not using it. Why not?
--
白い熊@相撲道

* Re: [ART] Updated SLiM theme with GuixSD logo
@ 2015-03-16 17:02             ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2015-03-16 17:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 白い熊@相撲道; +Cc: guix-devel

白い熊@相撲道 <guix-devel_gnu.org@sumou.com> skribis:

> On 2015-03-16 09:52, ludo@gnu.org wrote:
>> You need to add:
>>
>>   (use-modules (guix))
>
> Thank you. I tried various modules, for some reason didn't think of
> guix...
>
> Now it reconfigured, however the logo is still the new GuixSD. In the
> store I now have three git-checkout dirs with 0.8 theme, however none
> of these contains the GNU image, just the blue "wave" background.

Currently one has to reboot after running ‘guix system reconfigure’ for
changes to services to take effect (yes it will be fixed in the future.)

Did you reboot?

Thanks,
Ludo’.

* Re: [ART] Updated SLiM theme with GuixSD logo
@ 2015-03-16 18:12               ` 白い熊@相撲道
From: 白い熊@相撲道 @ 2015-03-16 18:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ludo; +Cc: guix-devel

On 2015-03-16 18:02, ludo@gnu.org wrote:
> Currently one has to reboot after running ‘guix system reconfigure’ for
> changes to services to take effect (yes it will be fixed in the
> future.)
>
> Did you reboot?

Yes, I assumed you need a reboot. Rebooted and no change. It's the
GuixSD logo.
--
白い熊@相撲道

* Re: [ART] Updated SLiM theme with GuixSD logo
@ 2015-03-16 20:40                 ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2015-03-16 20:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 白い熊@相撲道; +Cc: guix-devel

白い熊@相撲道 <guix-devel_gnu.org@sumou.com> skribis:

> On 2015-03-16 18:02, ludo@gnu.org wrote:
>> Currently one has to reboot after running ‘guix system reconfigure’ for
>> changes to services to take effect (yes it will be fixed in the
>> future.)
>>
>> Did you reboot?
>
> Yes, I assumed you need a reboot. Rebooted and no change. It's the
> GuixSD logo.

Hmm could you post your config file?

You could check what theme would be used by looking at the directory
returned by this command:

  guix gc -R $(guix system build config.scm) |grep git-checkout

HTH,
Ludo’.

* Re: [ART] Updated SLiM theme with GuixSD logo
@ 2015-03-16 22:31                   ` 白い熊@相撲道
From: 白い熊@相撲道 @ 2015-03-16 22:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ludo; +Cc: guix-devel

On 2015-03-16 21:40, ludo@gnu.org wrote:
> Hmm could you post your config file?

(use-modules (gnu)
	     (gnu packages)
	     (gnu system)
	     (guix)
	     (guix git-download))
(use-service-modules xorg networking dbus avahi)
(use-package-modules avahi ratpoison wicd xfce)

(define %old-artwork
   (origin
     (method git-fetch)
     (uri (git-reference
           (url "git://git.savannah.gnu.org/guix/guix-artwork.git")
           (commit "3236581")))  ;pre-GuixSD branding
     (sha256
      (base32
       "0ayg0693agck8zkcxfymph5ccc3y44cdf9i4y0qvxajhac8rkcaj"))))
(define %old-slim-theme
   #~(string-append #$%old-artwork "/slim"))
(define %old-slim-theme-name
   "0.8")

(operating-system
   (host-name "xxxx")
   (timezone "Europe/Prague")
   (locale "en_US.UTF-8")
   (bootloader (grub-configuration (device "/dev/sda")))
   (file-systems (cons (file-system
                         (device "xxxx")
                         (title 'label)
                         (mount-point "/")
                         (type "ext4"))
                       %base-file-systems))
  (swap-devices '("/dev/sda2"))
  (users (list (user-account
                 (name "xxxx")
                 (comment "xxxx")
                 (group "users")
                 (supplementary-groups '("wheel"
                                         "audio" "video"))
                 (home-directory "/home/xxxx"))))
   (packages (cons* ratpoison xfce %base-packages))

   (services (cons* (slim-service #:theme %old-slim-theme
                                  #:theme-name %old-slim-theme-name)
		   (wicd-service)
		   (dbus-service (list wicd))
                    (avahi-service)
                    %base-services)))

> You could check what theme would be used by looking at the directory
> returned by this command:
>   guix gc -R $(guix system build config.scm) |grep git-checkout

Yes, it's referring to the wrong git-checkout dir in the store, the one
with the GuixSD panel. Wrong commit number?
--
白い熊@相撲道

* Re: [ART] Updated SLiM theme with GuixSD logo
@ 2015-03-16 22:38                     ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2015-03-16 22:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 白い熊@相撲道; +Cc: guix-devel

白い熊@相撲道 <guix-devel_gnu.org@sumou.com> skribis:

> On 2015-03-16 21:40, ludo@gnu.org wrote:
>> Hmm could you post your config file?
> (define %old-artwork
>   (origin
>     (method git-fetch)
>     (uri (git-reference
>           (url "git://git.savannah.gnu.org/guix/guix-artwork.git")
>           (commit "3236581")))  ;pre-GuixSD branding
>     (sha256
>      (base32
>       "0ayg0693agck8zkcxfymph5ccc3y44cdf9i4y0qvxajhac8rkcaj"))))

[...]

> Yes, it's referring to the wrong git-checkout dir in the store, the
> one with the GuixSD panel. Wrong commit number?

Oops yes, should be commit 94e6111 with hash
0aax85mygpq4lbyn8sriafikyg54yss3lisin6pwkvlvp23a3v1j.

(You can look at the revision history of gnu/artwork.scm to find out.)

Ludo’.

* Re: [ART] Updated SLiM theme with GuixSD logo
@ 2015-03-16 22:51                       ` 白い熊@相撲道
From: 白い熊@相撲道 @ 2015-03-16 22:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ludo; +Cc: guix-devel

On 2015-03-16 23:38, ludo@gnu.org wrote:
> Oops yes, should be commit 94e6111 with hash
> 0aax85mygpq4lbyn8sriafikyg54yss3lisin6pwkvlvp23a3v1j.

Yes, it's good now.

> (You can look at the revision history of gnu/artwork.scm to find out.)

Thanks a lot. I'm learning many things working with Guix. It's very
exciting!
--
白い熊@相撲道