unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* Test-suite for guix deploy?
@ 2019-11-13 13:33 Hartmut Goebel
From: Hartmut Goebel @ 2019-11-13 13:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

is there a test-suite for "guix depoly" already? Is it run on
ci.guix.gnu.org?

--
Regards
Hartmut Goebel

| Hartmut Goebel          | h.goebel@crazy-compilers.com               |

* Re: Test-suite for guix deploy?
@ 2019-11-17 18:19 ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2019-11-17 18:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hartmut Goebel; +Cc: guix-devel

Hi Hartmut,

Hartmut Goebel <h.goebel@crazy-compilers.com> skribis:

> is there a test-suite for "guix depoly" already? Is it run on
> ci.guix.gnu.org?

There’s no test suite for “guix deploy” as a whole, but there are tests
for things it relies on in tests/gexp.scm and gnu/tests/reconfigure.scm.

If you have ideas on how to improve coverage, let us know!

Thanks,
Ludo’.

* Re: Test-suite for guix deploy?
@ 2019-11-19 11:07   ` Hartmut Goebel
From: Hartmut Goebel @ 2019-11-19 11:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: guix-devel

Am 17.11.19 um 19:19 schrieb Ludovic Courtès:
> If you have ideas on how to improve coverage, let us know!

I have only the idea - which is quite obvious (Due to the lack of scheme
programming skills, I'm afraid I can not contribute code).

The idea is: Start two virtual machines, one is the "admin station"
(ADM) and one is the "deployment target" (TGT), conntected by network.
In ADM run "guix deploy TGT".

Well, this is the first step towards "GuixLab CI/CD" :-)

--

@ 2019-11-23 17:24     ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2019-11-23 17:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hartmut Goebel; +Cc: guix-devel

Hi,

Hartmut Goebel <h.goebel@crazy-compilers.com> skribis:

> The idea is: Start two virtual machines, one is the "admin station"
> (ADM) and one is the "deployment target" (TGT), conntected by network.
> In ADM run "guix deploy TGT".

Ah yes, that’s a good idea!  We need to augment a bit the test
infrastructure to support it, but it sounds doable.

Ludo’.