unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* Congratulations
@ 2015-02-04 16:11 jaccas (pjfcl)
From: jaccas (pjfcl) @ 2015-02-04 16:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Congrats for you guys!

On the distribution have been included in the FSF list and for the
chosen name. Simple is better.

Great job! Tanks.

Paulo

* Guix System Distribution now FSF-endorsed
@ 2015-02-04 22:19 ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2015-02-04 22:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jaccas (pjfcl); +Cc: guix-devel

"jaccas (pjfcl)" <jaccas@openmailbox.org> skribis:

> On the distribution have been included in the FSF list and for the
> chosen name. Simple is better.

Thanks!

I actually forgot to mention it on this list:

  http://www.fsf.org/news/fsf-adds-guix-system-distribution-to-list-of-endorsed-distributions
  http://www.gnu.org/distros/free-distros.html

This is indeed good news!

Ludo’.

* Re: Guix System Distribution now FSF-endorsed
@ 2015-02-05 14:09   ` Daniel Pimentel
From: Daniel Pimentel @ 2015-02-05 14:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ludo; +Cc: guix-devel, jaccas (pjfcl), guix-devel-bounces+d4n1=opmbx.org

On 2015-02-04 19:19, ludo@gnu.org wrote:
> "jaccas (pjfcl)" <jaccas@openmailbox.org> skribis:
>
>> On the distribution have been included in the FSF list and for the
>> chosen name. Simple is better.
>
> Thanks!
>
> I actually forgot to mention it on this list:
>

> http://www.fsf.org/news/fsf-adds-guix-system-distribution-to-list-of-endorsed-distributions
>   http://www.gnu.org/distros/free-distros.html
>
> This is indeed good news!
>
> Ludo’.
In soon the Guix GSD will be in distrowatch too, I request it.

Congratulation for Guix Team (users and developers), FSF and the Free
Software moviment :D
--
Daniel Pimentel (d4n1)

* Re: Guix System Distribution now FSF-endorsed
@ 2015-02-05 14:28     ` Taylan Ulrich Bayırlı/Kammer
From: Taylan Ulrich Bayırlı/Kammer @ 2015-02-05 14:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Pimentel
  Cc: guix-devel, jaccas (pjfcl), guix-devel-bounces+d4n1=opmbx.org

Daniel Pimentel <d4n1@openmailbox.org> writes:

> In soon the Guix GSD will be in distrowatch too, I request it.

This makes me worry because DistroWatch seems strongly focused on "Linux
distros".  Maybe it will be fine if the description states clearly what
Guix System Distribution really is...  (I'm aware that Trisquel,
Parabola, etc. are there too.  Not sure what to think of that either.)

Taylan

* Re: Guix System Distribution now FSF-endorsed
@ 2015-02-05 14:33     ` Ricardo Wurmus
From: Ricardo Wurmus @ 2015-02-05 14:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Pimentel; +Cc: guix-devel

Daniel Pimentel writes:
> In soon the Guix GSD will be in distrowatch too, I request it.

The "Guix Guix System Distribution", eh? ;)

When using the abbreviation "GSD" for "Guix System Distribution" I
recommend prefixing it with "GNU" to avoid confusion.

~~ Ricardo

* Re: Guix System Distribution now FSF-endorsed
@ 2015-02-05 14:42       ` Thompson, David
From: Thompson, David @ 2015-02-05 14:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ricardo Wurmus; +Cc: guix-devel, Daniel Pimentel

On Thu, Feb 5, 2015 at 9:33 AM, Ricardo Wurmus
<ricardo.wurmus@mdc-berlin.de> wrote:

> Daniel Pimentel writes:
>> In soon the Guix GSD will be in distrowatch too, I request it.
>
> The "Guix Guix System Distribution", eh? ;)
>
> When using the abbreviation "GSD" for "Guix System Distribution" I
> recommend prefixing it with "GNU" to avoid confusion.

"GuixSD" is the officially approved abbreviation, "Guix System
Distribution" being the full name.  Let's make sure that the text that
will be on DistroWatch is accurate.

- Dave

* Re: Guix System Distribution now FSF-endorsed
@ 2015-02-05 14:44       ` Daniel Pimentel
From: Daniel Pimentel @ 2015-02-05 14:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: taylanbayirli
  Cc: guix-devel, jaccas (pjfcl), guix-devel-bounces+d4n1=opmbx.org

On 2015-02-05 11:28, taylanbayirli@gmail.com wrote:
> Daniel Pimentel <d4n1@openmailbox.org> writes:
>
>> In soon the Guix GSD will be in distrowatch too, I request it.
>
> This makes me worry because DistroWatch seems strongly focused on
> "Linux
> distros".  Maybe it will be fine if the description states clearly what
> Guix System Distribution really is...  (I'm aware that Trisquel,
> Parabola, etc. are there too.  Not sure what to think of that either.)
>
> Taylan
It's true Taylan, but I would like that distrowatch put the minimal
description about Guix GSD. Several users know distrowatch and it's a
big database about GNU/Linux, so the Guix GSD must there is too, I
think.

Sorry for it :(
--
Daniel Pimentel (d4n1)

* Re: Guix System Distribution now FSF-endorsed
@ 2015-02-05 14:47       ` Daniel Pimentel
From: Daniel Pimentel @ 2015-02-05 14:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ricardo Wurmus; +Cc: guix-devel, guix-devel-bounces+d4n1=opmbx.org

On 2015-02-05 11:33, Ricardo Wurmus wrote:
> Daniel Pimentel writes:
>> In soon the Guix GSD will be in distrowatch too, I request it.
>
> The "Guix Guix System Distribution", eh? ;)
>
> When using the abbreviation "GSD" for "Guix System Distribution" I
> recommend prefixing it with "GNU" to avoid confusion.
>
> ~~ Ricardo
Sorry for error name.

GuixSD :)
--