unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* Chez scheme
@ 2016-11-20 19:15 Efraim Flashner
From: Efraim Flashner @ 2016-11-20 19:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

I dug a bit more into Chez sheme and the failing armhf build, and it
almost looks like it could be hacked into cross compiling for itself.
Then I looked a bit closer here
(https://github.com/cisco/ChezScheme/blob/master/c/Mf-arm32le#L17) and
it turns out that it targets the Raspberry Pi and not ARMv7. I don't
have any armhf hardware capable of running guix to see if it can be made
to work. Anyone want to take a stab at it? Or any votes for marking it
unsupported?

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Chez scheme
@ 2016-11-21 18:51 ` Leo Famulari
From: Leo Famulari @ 2016-11-21 18:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Efraim Flashner; +Cc: guix-devel

On Sun, Nov 20, 2016 at 09:15:39PM +0200, Efraim Flashner wrote:
> I dug a bit more into Chez sheme and the failing armhf build, and it
> almost looks like it could be hacked into cross compiling for itself.
> Then I looked a bit closer here
> (https://github.com/cisco/ChezScheme/blob/master/c/Mf-arm32le#L17) and
> it turns out that it targets the Raspberry Pi and not ARMv7. I don't
> have any armhf hardware capable of running guix to see if it can be made
> to work. Anyone want to take a stab at it? Or any votes for marking it
> unsupported?

I vote you mark it unsupported if nobody has said they'll try it in the
next day or two.

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Chez scheme
@ 2016-11-22 22:50   ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2016-11-22 22:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Leo Famulari; +Cc: guix-devel

Leo Famulari <leo@famulari.name> skribis:

> On Sun, Nov 20, 2016 at 09:15:39PM +0200, Efraim Flashner wrote:
>> I dug a bit more into Chez sheme and the failing armhf build, and it
>> almost looks like it could be hacked into cross compiling for itself.
>> Then I looked a bit closer here
>> (https://github.com/cisco/ChezScheme/blob/master/c/Mf-arm32le#L17) and
>> it turns out that it targets the Raspberry Pi and not ARMv7. I don't
>> have any armhf hardware capable of running guix to see if it can be made
>> to work. Anyone want to take a stab at it? Or any votes for marking it
>> unsupported?
>
> I vote you mark it unsupported if nobody has said they'll try it in the
> next day or two.

Sounds reasonable, and add the above as a comment.

Ludo’.