unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* core-updates merge imminent
@ 2015-04-08 12:58 Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2015-04-08 12:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

If there are no objections, we’ll let Hydra build all of ‘core-updates’
and merge it afterwards–i.e., within 2-3 days.

OK?

Ludo’.

* Re: core-updates merge imminent
@ 2015-04-10  9:10 ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2015-04-10  9:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

ludo@gnu.org (Ludovic Courtès) skribis:

> If there are no objections, we’ll let Hydra build all of ‘core-updates’
> and merge it afterwards–i.e., within 2-3 days.

All the packages in ‘core-updates’ are now being built:

  http://hydra.gnu.org/jobset/gnu/core-updates

Don’t hesitate to go and fix build failures, notably the remaining
“dangling .so references” bugs that had been reported earlier.

Ludo’.

* core-updates merge really imminent
@ 2015-04-16 21:17 ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2015-04-16 21:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

ludo@gnu.org (Ludovic Courtès) skribis:

> If there are no objections, we’ll let Hydra build all of ‘core-updates’
> and merge it afterwards–i.e., within 2-3 days.

Ahem, sometimes, days last real long.

But we’re getting there!  <http://hydra.gnu.org/jobset/gnu/core-updates>
shows that most things are built.  The remaining noticeable failures
are: Qt 5 (6 packages depend on it; Qt 4 is fine), Numpy, and a few MIPS
issues.

  http://hydra.gnu.org/eval/103845#tabs-still-fail

Yesterday, Mark found a bug in the new ld-wrapper whereby, when used in
a user profile (via the ‘gcc-toolchain’ package), it would incorrectly
flag ~/.guix-profile/lib/libfoo.so as “impure.”

To work around that ‘gcc-toolchain’ is now using a fixed ld-wrapper
(commit 77db91a), meaning that we don’t have to rebuild the world right
away (although it would be good to do so for the release IMO.)

Long story short: I’ll merge tomorrow if there are no strong objections.
Please fix the remaining packages!

Thanks,
Ludo’.