unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* [SECURITY] Which packages bundle sqlite?
@ 2018-12-17 14:48 Alex Vong
From: Alex Vong @ 2018-12-17 14:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hello Guix,

Recently, a remote execution vulnerability is discovered in
sqlite[0][1]. Apart from updating the sqlite package, I think we need to
update all packages bundling sqlite as well. What do you think?

Cheers,
Alex

[0]: https://blade.tencent.com/magellan/index_en.html
[1]: https://www.reddit.com/r/netsec/comments/a6ab59/magellan_sqlite_remote_code_execution/

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: [SECURITY] Which packages bundle sqlite?
@ 2018-12-17 16:46 ` Alex Vong
From: Alex Vong @ 2018-12-17 16:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

I also want to know should we graft in this case since updating sqlite
would cause ~4000s rebuilts. Besides, how to deal with packages that
inherit sqlite when grafting?
(e.g. sqlite-with-fts5 and sqlite-with-column-metadata)

Thanks,
Alex

@ 2018-12-17 19:04   ` Mark H Weaver
From: Mark H Weaver @ 2018-12-17 19:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alex Vong; +Cc: guix-devel, 33751

Hi Alex,

This issue is being tracked at <https://bugs.gnu.org/33751>,
so it would be best to send followups regarding this issue to
<33751@debbugs.gnu.org>.

Alex Vong <alexvong1995@gmail.com> writes:

> I also want to know should we graft in this case since updating sqlite
> would cause ~4000s rebuilts.

Yes, it should be grafted.

> Besides, how to deal with packages that
> inherit sqlite when grafting?
> (e.g. sqlite-with-fts5 and sqlite-with-column-metadata)

These should be changed to use the 'package/inherit' macro.

Thanks for working on it!

      Mark