unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* improvements to search at ci.guix.gnu.org
@ 2019-06-20 21:44 Ricardo Wurmus
From: Ricardo Wurmus @ 2019-06-20 21:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hi Guix,

the search at ci.guix.gnu.org now recognizes ^ and $ to designate the
beginning or end of a query.  You can now also search for arbitrary
build names (previously the query would always end on “-%”).

Examples:

    ^r-3 system:aarch64-linux
    Show all builds of the “r” package at version 3.x on aarch64.

    test spec:staging-staging
    Show any build including the string “test” on the “staging-staging”
    specification.  (I also don’t like the duplication in spec names.)

    -test$ spec:guix-master system:x86_64-linux
    Show all x86_64 builds ending on “-test” in the “guix-master”
    specification.

I think it would also be useful to restrict the search to builds by
status, but that’s not currently supported.

--
Ricardo

* Re: improvements to search at ci.guix.gnu.org
@ 2019-06-21 15:36 ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2019-06-21 15:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ricardo Wurmus; +Cc: guix-devel

Hello!

Ricardo Wurmus <rekado@elephly.net> skribis:

> the search at ci.guix.gnu.org now recognizes ^ and $ to designate the
> beginning or end of a query.  You can now also search for arbitrary
> build names (previously the query would always end on “-%”).
>
> Examples:
>
>     ^r-3 system:aarch64-linux
>     Show all builds of the “r” package at version 3.x on aarch64.
>
>     test spec:staging-staging
>     Show any build including the string “test” on the “staging-staging”
>     specification.  (I also don’t like the duplication in spec names.)
>
>     -test$ spec:guix-master system:x86_64-linux
>     Show all x86_64 builds ending on “-test” in the “guix-master”
>     specification.

Woow, really nice!  I dreamed about it out loud a couple of days ago,
I’m glad it’s already here!  :-)  The “spec:” and “system:” keywords are
really nice.

Strangely “installed-os” works, but “test.installed-os” and
“test\.installed-os” yield nothing.  Perhaps wrong tokenization?

Thank you!

Ludo’.