unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* Checking in, and an announcement!
@ 2019-12-11 20:42 Brett Gilio
From: Brett Gilio @ 2019-12-11 20:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guix Devel

Hello all!

At risk of being lampooned by RMS if he is reading this mailing list, my wife and I had our first baby delivered last evening! We are very excited, and quite exhausted.

I just wanted to thank you all who have reached out to me over Email, IRC, and Telegram. I _have_ received your message but I am waiting to respond.

Unfortunately, I do not think I can anticipate participating in Guix Days / FOSDEM2020. But I am so thrilled to be a more integral member of the Guix project, and I hope you all are mostly satisfied with my work so far. I use Guix at my job, so it is nice getting paid (in a way) to play around with Guix.

I have so much I am looking forward to helping with, but for now I am going to take a few days to rest and enjoy our little member of the GNU/Family, Matteo.

Thank you all again for the supportive messages, and I will respond ASAP!

Brett Gilio

* Re: Checking in, and an announcement!
@ 2019-12-19 16:24 ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2019-12-19 16:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brett Gilio; +Cc: Guix Devel

Hi Brett,

Brett Gilio <brettg@posteo.net> skribis:

> At risk of being lampooned by RMS if he is reading this mailing list,
> my wife and I had our first baby delivered last evening! We are very
> excited, and quite exhausted.

Woow, congratulations, and welcome to your child!  :-)

> Unfortunately, I do not think I can anticipate participating in Guix
> Days / FOSDEM2020. But I am so thrilled to be a more integral member
> of the Guix project, and I hope you all are mostly satisfied with my
> work so far. I use Guix at my job, so it is nice getting paid (in a
> way) to play around with Guix.

Nice!  I’d be curious to hear about the bits of Guix that are the most
useful for your job, and also areas that would need improvements.

Anyway, enjoy this moment with your family, and let’s talk to each other
online as time permits!

Cheers,
Ludo’.