unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* GNU Guix hackathon on Sep. 28-29
@ 2013-09-24 13:05 Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2013-09-24 13:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel, gnu-system-discuss, guile-user

Hello,

GNU Guix [0] joins other projects in celebrating GNU’s 30th birthday
this week-end [1].  Join us for an on-line hackathon on #guix on the
Freenode IRC network on Saturday and Sunday, Sept. 28-29!

Tasks will include packaging your favorite software, hunting bugs, and
improving stand-alone builds of the Guix-based GNU system.  This is
accessible to anyone with experience with GNU/Linux packages; people
with experience in Guile Scheme will find additional things to work on.

Happy hacking!

Ludo’.

[0] http://www.gnu.org/software/guix/
[1] http://www.gnu.org/gnu30/

* Re: GNU Guix hackathon on Sep. 28-29
@ 2013-09-24 13:56 ` Thompson, David
From: Thompson, David @ 2013-09-24 13:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel; +Cc: gnu-system-discuss, Guile User

On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 9:05 AM, Ludovic Courtès <ludo@gnu.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> GNU Guix [0] joins other projects in celebrating GNU’s 30th birthday
> this week-end [1].  Join us for an on-line hackathon on #guix on the
> Freenode IRC network on Saturday and Sunday, Sept. 28-29!
>
> Tasks will include packaging your favorite software, hunting bugs, and
> improving stand-alone builds of the Guix-based GNU system.  This is
> accessible to anyone with experience with GNU/Linux packages; people
> with experience in Guile Scheme will find additional things to work on.
>
> Happy hacking!
>
> Ludo’.
>
> [0] http://www.gnu.org/software/guix/
> [1] http://www.gnu.org/gnu30/

I will be physically present at the hackathon in Cambridge. I have
experience with Guile, but I haven't done much work with package
management systems before.
Would I still be useful? Is there anything that you would recommend I
do to prepare for this weekend besides install Guix and poke around?

Thanks,

- Dave

* Re: GNU Guix hackathon on Sep. 28-29
@ 2013-09-24 18:45   ` Nikita Karetnikov