unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* Unexpected behaviour of guix environment --container
@ 2017-06-06 11:11 Hartmut Goebel
From: Hartmut Goebel @ 2017-06-06 11:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hi,

I try debugging some package test-cases. The test-suite runs (but fails)
when using "guix build". Now I want to get an environment matching the
build container (including the already build package). For this I run e.g.

  ./pre-inst-env guix environment -C kdelibs4support@5.34.0 --ad-hoc strace

within this container I run something like

   source ./environment-variables
   PATH=$GUIX_ENVIRONMENT/bin:$PATH
   ctest -R kstandarddirstest

and am getting this error:

/tmp/guix-build-kdelibs4support-5.34.0.drv-0/build/autotests/kstandarddirstest:
   error while loading shared libraries: libQt5Test.so.5: cannot open

What's going on here?

--
Regards
Hartmut Goebel

| Hartmut Goebel          | h.goebel@crazy-compilers.com               |

* Re: Unexpected behaviour of guix environment --container
@ 2017-06-08  7:35 ` Hartmut Goebel
From: Hartmut Goebel @ 2017-06-08  7:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Am 06.06.2017 um 13:11 schrieb Hartmut Goebel:
> For this I run e.g.
>
>   ./pre-inst-env guix environment -C kdelibs4support@5.34.0 --ad-hoc strace
[...]
> /tmp/guix-build-kdelibs4support-5.34.0.drv-0/build/autotests/kstandarddirstest:
>    error while loading shared libraries: libQt5Test.so.5: cannot open

I missed to say: This errors does not occur when running "guix build".
It only occurs in the container I start with the command above.

--

@ 2017-06-08 12:11 ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2017-06-08 12:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hartmut Goebel; +Cc: guix-devel

Hartmut Goebel <h.goebel@crazy-compilers.com> skribis:

> I try debugging some package test-cases. The test-suite runs (but fails)
> when using "guix build". Now I want to get an environment matching the
> build container (including the already build package). For this I run e.g.
>
>   ./pre-inst-env guix environment -C kdelibs4support@5.34.0 --ad-hoc strace

You need --no-grafts to make sure it matches the actual build
environment (that was missing in the manual, I just added it in commit
fa511e29526891743172cedbb17fa7ef75bd2d46 and then forgot to send this
reply. :-))

Could you check that it works for you?

Thanks,
Ludo’.