unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* my recent messages
@ 2017-07-10 22:34 ng0
From: ng0 @ 2017-07-10 22:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

I want to apologize. While I did not mean to attack or
make anyones work look bad, it happened nevertheless.
Some people will always read between the lines, even when
I never have any subtext and always express what I mean.

Since Summer/Spring '15 I worked on creating a system,
most of the recent energy spend on GuixSD as a base.
It is good to deconstruct and re-evaluate ideas from
other points of view, this is still going on.
Ultimately the decision doesn't depend on myself as
we are a small team already.

What I think caused my disappointment and annoyance
is just being at a turning point of personal events
(with the addition of lots of bureaucracy)
and the fact that I only started a couple of months
ago to reduce the amount of hours I work per week.
Before that it was (I once had to calculate this)
85 - 98 hours a week, and taking one day off was an
exception.
I am currently trying to get back into making music
and get some other interests I have back into my
life.
I hope that the next vacation can happen within the
next 3 years, vacation usually (in the ideal case)
means getting somewhere where I can absolutely ignore
that technology exists.

My criticism to some point is still valid, I should
just express what I meant to say when I am more
relaxed.

Sorry.
--
ng0
GnuPG: A88C8ADD129828D7EAC02E52E22F9BBFEE348588

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: my recent messages
@ 2017-07-11  7:16 ` Pjotr Prins
From: Pjotr Prins @ 2017-07-11  7:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

No worries ng0. We all go through phases like that. The good side is
that it brings out that others state clearly where they are. Thumbs up
to the Guix team - this is a great effort and I am continuously
amazed with the quality of people here.

Pj.

* Re: my recent messages
@ 2017-07-11  9:27 ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2017-07-11  9:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hello ng0,

Thanks for your message.  Like Pjotr wrote, we all go through this at
times, that happens.

The technical issues you reported remain valid, and I hope we can all
work together on addressing them in the best of our capacity.

I wish you the best for your ongoing endeavors!

Ludo’.