unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* Reproducible Build Summit, Oct. 31st, Berlin
@ 2017-10-05  9:07 Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2017-10-05  9:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hello Guix!

Sorry for the late notice: the Reproducible Build Summit will take place
from Oct. 31st to Nov. 2nd in Berlin this year:

  https://reproducible-builds.org/events/berlin2017/

In the two previous editions, there were always 2 or 3 Guix there:
Manolis, John, Ricardo, and myself participated.  I won’t be able to
make it this year, but it would be sad if Guix were missing, especially
since there’s been quite a few people working on reproducibility in
Guix.  Please let us know if you’d like to come!

I’ve really enjoyed the previous summits.  It’s a great way to discuss
reproducibility with other projects, share each project’s view, and
discuss the way forward.

Among the forward-looking sessions we had last year was how we could
make reproducible builds directly “visible” and “useful” to users (I
think <https://bugs.gnu.org/28324> and ‘guix challenge’ are examples of
that), and how we can address the problem of opaque bootstrap binaries
(which led to Ricardo’s work on Java and Haskell bootstrapping, the
bootstrappable.org web site, and meshes well with the
independently-started effort around Mes/stage0!).

So, who’s in?  :-)

Ludo’.

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Reproducible Build Summit, Oct. 31st, Berlin
@ 2017-10-06 19:02 ` Jan Nieuwenhuizen
From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen @ 2017-10-06 19:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: guix-devel

Ludovic Courtès writes:

> Sorry for the late notice: the Reproducible Build Summit will take place
> from Oct. 31st to Nov. 2nd in Berlin this year:
>
>   https://reproducible-builds.org/events/berlin2017/

> In the two previous editions, there were always 2 or 3 Guix there:
> Manolis, John, Ricardo, and myself participated.  I won’t be able to
> make it this year, but it would be sad if Guix were missing, especially
> since there’s been quite a few people working on reproducibility in
> Guix.  Please let us know if you’d like to come!

> So, who’s in?  :-)

I am planning to go, sad you won't be there.

janneke

--
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <janneke@gnu.org> | GNU LilyPond http://lilypond.org
Freelance IT http://JoyofSource.com | Avatar® http://AvatarAcademy.com

* Re: Reproducible Build Summit, Oct. 31st, Berlin
@ 2017-10-09  7:59   ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2017-10-09  7:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Nieuwenhuizen; +Cc: guix-devel

Howdy!

Jan Nieuwenhuizen <janneke@gnu.org> skribis:

> Ludovic Courtès writes:
>
>> Sorry for the late notice: the Reproducible Build Summit will take place
>> from Oct. 31st to Nov. 2nd in Berlin this year:
>>
>>   https://reproducible-builds.org/events/berlin2017/
>
>> In the two previous editions, there were always 2 or 3 Guix there:
>> Manolis, John, Ricardo, and myself participated.  I won’t be able to
>> make it this year, but it would be sad if Guix were missing, especially
>> since there’s been quite a few people working on reproducibility in
>> Guix.  Please let us know if you’d like to come!
>
>> So, who’s in?  :-)
>
> I am planning to go, sad you won't be there.

Awesome, really glad that you can attend—let the bootstrapper’s voice to
be heard!

Please get in touch with Holger to let them know.

Cheers,
Ludo’.

* Re: Reproducible Build Summit, Oct. 31st, Berlin
@ 2017-10-09 11:28     ` Ricardo Wurmus
From: Ricardo Wurmus @ 2017-10-09 11:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: guix-devel

Hey,

L> So, who’s in?  :-)

J> I am planning to go, sad you won't be there.

L> Awesome, really glad that you can attend—let the bootstrapper’s voice to
L> be heard!

I’m also planning to attend; already contacted Holger.  I’m looking
forward to discussing questions of bootstrapping and user-facing
features relating to reproducibility!

--
Ricardo

GPG: BCA6 89B6 3655 3801 C3C6  2150 197A 5888 235F ACAC
https://elephly.net