From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <me@tobias.gr>
To: Ekaitz Zarraga <ekaitz@elenq.tech>
Cc: guix-devel@gnu.org
Subject: Re: guix search: first line(s) not shown
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2020 11:33:56 +0200

Ekaitz,

Ekaitz Zarraga 写道:
> With the recent adoption of $PAGER in `guix search` I'm
> experiencing an issue. The some of the firsts lines are not
> shown if the output long enough to cover the full screen so I
> can't see the first package name. It forces me to scroll down
> and up again.
[…]
> Is this happening to others too?

Yes!  It looks like (at least) rendering ‘description’ doesn't
account for the length of the "description: " prefix itself,
making the first line too long.  That confuses less and/or makes
it wrap non-deterministically.

After invoking ‘guix search foo’, name and version are missing,
and:

requirements for footnotes.  It offers: Multiple footnote
+ apparatus superior to that of `manyfoot'.  Footnotes can be
formatted in separate paragraphs, or be run into a

After scrolling down and then up:

requirements for footnotes.  It offers: Multiple footnoteus
superior to that of `manyfoot'.  Footnotes can be formatted in
separate paragraphs, or be run into a

(‘footnoteus’).  The description ‘shrinks’ by 2 lines, making room
for the name and version fields at the top.

Kind regards,

T G-R