unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* call-with-file-lock does not remove lock file
@ 2023-02-03 22:52 Ricardo Wurmus
From: Ricardo Wurmus @ 2023-02-03 22:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guix Devel

Hi Guix,

half a year ago I submitted this bug report:
https://issues.guix.gnu.org/57501

“call-with-file-lock” and “call-with-file-lock/no-wait” create a lock
file but don’t remove the lock file when they exit.  The lock on
the file is lifted, but the lock file itself remains behind.

I think we should not litter and remove unused lock files.  What do you
think?

--
Ricardo

* Re: call-with-file-lock does not remove lock file
@ 2023-02-03 23:51 ` Felix Lechner via Development of GNU Guix and the GNU System distribution.
From: Felix Lechner via Development of GNU Guix and the GNU System distribution. @ 2023-02-03 23:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ricardo Wurmus; +Cc: Guix Devel

Hi,

On Fri, Feb 3, 2023 at 2:57 PM Ricardo Wurmus <rekado@elephly.net> wrote:

> the lock file itself remains behind.

That's where they are coming from!

Kind regards,
Felix

* Re: call-with-file-lock does not remove lock file
@ 2023-02-12  0:00 ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2023-02-12  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ricardo Wurmus; +Cc: Guix Devel

Hi Ricardo,

Ricardo Wurmus <rekado@elephly.net> skribis:

> half a year ago I submitted this bug report:
> https://issues.guix.gnu.org/57501
>
> “call-with-file-lock” and “call-with-file-lock/no-wait” create a lock
> file but don’t remove the lock file when they exit.  The lock on
> the file is lifted, but the lock file itself remains behind.
>
> I think we should not litter and remove unused lock files.  What do you
> think?

I hadn’t noticed this bug report but I agree, I’ll push something that
does that.

Thanks for the heads-up!

Ludo’.