unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* A packaging mailing list for bioinformatics
@ 2015-05-28 16:43 Pjotr Prins
From: Pjotr Prins @ 2015-05-28 16:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Together with the Open Bioinformatics Foundation we have created a new
mailing list which allows discussions on bioinformatics specific
challenges of deployment and reproducibility. We expect to increase
interest in GNU Guix this way.

See

   http://www.open-bio.org/wiki/Bio-packaging

Pjotr and Ricardo

* Re: A packaging mailing list for bioinformatics
@ 2015-05-28 16:56 ` John Darrington
From: John Darrington @ 2015-05-28 16:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pjotr Prins; +Cc: guix-devel

On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 06:43:23PM +0200, Pjotr Prins wrote:
                                         We expect to increase
     interest in GNU Guix this way.

That is a very poor attempt to justify spamming this list.

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3

* Re: A packaging mailing list for bioinformatics
@ 2015-05-28 18:04   ` Thompson, David
From: Thompson, David @ 2015-05-28 18:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Darrington; +Cc: guix-devel

On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 12:56 PM, John Darrington
<john@darrington.wattle.id.au> wrote:
> On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 06:43:23PM +0200, Pjotr Prins wrote:
>                                          We expect to increase
>      interest in GNU Guix this way.
>

> That is a very poor attempt to justify spamming this list.

It's not spam.  Pjotr is a Guix contributor and supporter that is
trying to raise awareness for our project in the bioinformatics
industry.  Pjotr invited me to give a short talk at the Open Bio
Codefest last year, and there was genuine interest in Guix.

- Dave

* Re: A packaging mailing list for bioinformatics
@ 2015-05-28 19:57     ` Mark H Weaver
From: Mark H Weaver @ 2015-05-28 19:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thompson, David; +Cc: guix-devel

"Thompson, David" <dthompson2@worcester.edu> writes:

> On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 12:56 PM, John Darrington
> <john@darrington.wattle.id.au> wrote:
>> On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 06:43:23PM +0200, Pjotr Prins wrote:
>>                                          We expect to increase
>>      interest in GNU Guix this way.
>>

>> That is a very poor attempt to justify spamming this list.
>
> It's not spam.  Pjotr is a Guix contributor and supporter that is
> trying to raise awareness for our project in the bioinformatics
> industry.

+1

     Mark

* Re: A packaging mailing list for bioinformatics
@ 2015-05-28 21:56 ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2015-05-28 21:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pjotr Prins; +Cc: guix-devel

Pjotr Prins <pjotr.public12@thebird.nl> skribis:

> Together with the Open Bioinformatics Foundation we have created a new
> mailing list which allows discussions on bioinformatics specific
> challenges of deployment and reproducibility. We expect to increase
> interest in GNU Guix this way.

This is a great initiative.  Thanks to both of you for leading this!

Ludo’.