unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* [OFF-TOPIC] Anyone providing gratis mailing list hosting for any small group?
@ 2017-06-14 12:50 Adonay Felipe Nogueira
From: Adonay Felipe Nogueira @ 2017-06-14 12:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Discussões dos desenvolvedores do Guix e GuixSD; +Cc: Jorge Morais Neto

NOTE: I'm Cc'ing the person I'm aiding, but I don't know if the person is
subscribed to the list, so I think you should send a wide reply (reply
to all of us).

Hi all, this might be off-topic because hosting isn't the main subject
of this list, but since there was a topic on providing hosting services
using Guix, I decided to ask again if this is currently being done by
someone.

However, I'm not the one directly interested in the service, instead,
I'm aiding the person on contacting you because I don't know if he
speaks/writes in English yet (I know he is Brazilian, so he also probably
knows a bit of Spanish). As part of my attempt to aid the person, I
ask if there is someone here hosting a mailing list service, preferably
gratis, for a small group of people and temporary use?

If I read correctly, the mailing list is for a religious class/course.

Respectfully, Adonay.
--
- [[https://libreplanet.org/wiki/User:Adfeno]]
- Palestrante e consultor sobre /software/ livre (não confundir com

* Re: [OFF-TOPIC] Anyone providing gratis mailing list hosting for any small group?
@ 2017-06-18 20:00 ` Jorge Morais Neto
From: Jorge Morais Neto @ 2017-06-18 20:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adonay Felipe Nogueira
  Cc: Discussões dos desenvolvedores do Guix e GuixSD

Hello.  I am the person Adonay is aiding.

On 14 June 2017 at 09:50, Adonay Felipe Nogueira <adfeno@openmailbox.org> wrote:
> NOTE: I'm Cc'ing the person I'm aiding, but I don't know if the person is
> subscribed to the list, so I think you should send a wide reply
I have just subscribed to guix-devel.

> However, I'm not the one directly interested in the service, instead,
> I'm aiding the person on contacting you because I don't know if he
> speaks/writes in English yet
I speak English; in fact, I am better at English than at Spanish.

> As part of my attempt to aid the person, I ask if there is someone
> here hosting a mailing list service, preferably gratis, for a small
> group of people and temporary use?
It can also be paid, as long as it is inexpensive.

> If I read correctly, the mailing list is for a religious class/course.
One list would be for school classes; another would be for a Catholic
prayer group (which currently chats online via a WhatsApp group).  And
today I realized I need a third list, for discussing management of the
family's farm; currently we use a Telegram group for that.

--
- I am Brazilian.  I hope my English is correct and I welcome feedback
- Please adopt free formats like PDF, ODF, Org, LaTeX, Opus, WebM and 7z