unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* Changes in the spending committee for the FSF Fund
@ 2018-09-08 12:49 Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2018-09-08 12:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hello Guix!

Since 2015 and our first fundraising campaign¹, Guix is part of the
FSF’s Working Together for Free Software Fund²: donations for Guix can
be made via the FSF, which acts as a fiscal sponsor for the project.

Until recently, Mark H Weaver, Ricardo Wurmus, and myself were on the
“spending committee” for Guix: the three of us had to unanimously agree
on any spending from this fund.  Mark resigned a few weeks ago, and I’m
happy to announce that Tobias Geerinckx-Rice (aka. nckx) agreed to join
the committee (Ricardo and myself remain on board).

We are planning to launch a new campaign hopefully by the end of the
year, notably with the aim of covering expenses for Outreachy
internship(s) and buying hardware for our build farm, as Ricardo wrote
recently.  More on that soon!

Thanks Mark for your time on the spending committee, and welcome Tobias!

Ludo’.

¹ https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/blog/2015/guix-starts-fundraising-campaign-with-support-from-the-fsf/
² https://www.fsf.org/working-together/fund

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Changes in the spending committee for the FSF Fund
@ 2018-09-08 15:11 ` Christopher Lemmer Webber
From: Christopher Lemmer Webber @ 2018-09-08 15:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: guix-devel

Ludovic Courtès writes:

> Thanks Mark for your time on the spending committee, and welcome Tobias!

Yes, thank you both!

* Re: Changes in the spending committee for the FSF Fund
@ 2019-01-24 14:12   ` swedebugia
From: swedebugia @ 2019-01-24 14:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

On 2018-09-08 17:11, Christopher Lemmer Webber wrote:
> Ludovic Courtès writes:
>
>> Thanks Mark for your time on the spending committee, and welcome Tobias!
>
> Yes, thank you both!

Thanks to you all for doing this work.

It would be nice I think to have transparency towards the community.
Given the very large donations I think this is important.

Are the decisions of the committee public and published somewhere?

Is there a public account balance also somewhere and a list of prior
spendings so we can get an overview?

--
Cheers Swedebugia

* Re: Changes in the spending committee for the FSF Fund
@ 2019-01-25  7:35     ` Gábor Boskovits
From: Gábor Boskovits @ 2019-01-25  7:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: swedebugia; +Cc: Guix-devel

Hello,

swedebugia <swedebugia@riseup.net> ezt írta (időpont: 2019. jan. 24.,
Cs, 23:04):

> On 2018-09-08 17:11, Christopher Lemmer Webber wrote:
> > Ludovic Courtès writes:
> >
> >> Thanks Mark for your time on the spending committee, and welcome Tobias!
> >
> > Yes, thank you both!
>
> Thanks to you all for doing this work.
>
> It would be nice I think to have transparency towards the community.
> Given the very large donations I think this is important.
>
> Are the decisions of the committee public and published somewhere?
>
> Is there a public account balance also somewhere and a list of prior
> spendings so we can get an overview?

I believe this information is available in the maintenance repository.

> --
> Cheers Swedebugia

Best regards,
g_bor

* Re: Changes in the spending committee for the FSF Fund
@ 2019-01-25 22:57       ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2019-01-25 22:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gábor Boskovits; +Cc: Guix-devel, guix-finance

Hi,

Gábor Boskovits <boskovits@gmail.com> skribis:

> swedebugia <swedebugia@riseup.net> ezt írta (időpont: 2019. jan. 24.,
> Cs, 23:04):

>> > Yes, thank you both!
>>
>> Thanks to you all for doing this work.
>>
>> It would be nice I think to have transparency towards the community.
>> Given the very large donations I think this is important.
>>
>> Are the decisions of the committee public and published somewhere?
>>
>> Is there a public account balance also somewhere and a list of prior
>> spendings so we can get an overview?
>>

> I believe this information is available in the maintenance repository.

There’s a ledger for the Guix Europe non-profit¹, which is a separate
entity, but most of the transactions on the funds held at the FSF have
been made via Guix Europe.  Another use of the FSF fund has been the
Outreachy internship (that predates the recent donation by Handshake and
the change on the spending committee.)  I think it’s now time to add a
new ledger to write this down.  Tobias, Ricardo?

Thanks,
Ludo’.

PS: guix-finance@gnu.org is an alias for the spending committee members.

¹ https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix/maintenance.git/tree/guix-europe/accounting/accounting.ledger

* Re: Changes in the spending committee for the FSF Fund
@ 2019-01-26  8:32         ` swedebugia
From: swedebugia @ 2019-01-26  8:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès, Gábor Boskovits; +Cc: Guix-devel, guix-finance

"Ludovic Courtès" <ludo@gnu.org> skrev: (25 januari 2019 23:57:21 CET)
>Hi,
>
>Gábor Boskovits <boskovits@gmail.com> skribis:
>
>> swedebugia <swedebugia@riseup.net> ezt írta (időpont: 2019. jan. 24.,
>> Cs, 23:04):

>Tobias!

>>> Thanks to you all for doing this work.
>>>
>>> It would be nice I think to have transparency towards the community.
>>> Given the very large donations I think this is important.
>>>
>>> Are the decisions of the committee public and published somewhere?
>>>
>>> Is there a public account balance also somewhere and a list of prior
>>> spendings so we can get an overview?
>>>

>> I believe this information is available in the maintenance
>repository.
>
>There’s a ledger for the Guix Europe non-profit¹, which is a separate
>entity, but most of the transactions on the funds held at the FSF have
>been made via Guix Europe.  Another use of the FSF fund has been the
>Outreachy internship (that predates the recent donation by Handshake
>and
>the change on the spending committee.)  I think it’s now time to add a
>new ledger to write this down.  Tobias, Ricardo?
>
>Thanks,
>Ludo’.
>
>PS: guix-finance@gnu.org is an alias for the spending committee
>members.
>
>¹
>https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix/maintenance.git/tree/guix-europe/accounting/accounting.ledger

OK.
Thanks.

--
Sent from my p≡p for Android.

* Re: Changes in the spending committee for the FSF Fund
@ 2019-01-27  7:57         ` Ricardo Wurmus
From: Ricardo Wurmus @ 2019-01-27  7:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: Guix-devel, guix-finance

Ludovic Courtès <ludo@gnu.org> writes:

> There’s a ledger for the Guix Europe non-profit¹, which is a separate
> entity, but most of the transactions on the funds held at the FSF have
> been made via Guix Europe.  Another use of the FSF fund has been the
> Outreachy internship (that predates the recent donation by Handshake and
> the change on the spending committee.)  I think it’s now time to add a
> new ledger to write this down.  Tobias, Ricardo?

I agree.

Another expense that will be reimbursed soon has been the purchase of
three Overdrive 1000 ARM workstations, which will be used as build nodes
once they are relocated after FOSDEM.

--
Ricardo

* Re: Changes in the spending committee for the FSF Fund
@ 2019-01-27 15:43         ` Andreas Enge
From: Andreas Enge @ 2019-01-27 15:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: Guix-devel, guix-finance

Hello,

On Fri, Jan 25, 2019 at 11:57:21PM +0100, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> There’s a ledger for the Guix Europe non-profit¹, which is a separate
> entity, but most of the transactions on the funds held at the FSF have
> been made via Guix Europe.

And the decisions of the Solidary Administrative Council are also made public:
   https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix/maintenance.git/tree/guix-europe/minutes

From the beginning, it has been our aim to be as open as possible about
our activities.

Andreas

* Re: Changes in the spending committee for the FSF Fund
@ 2019-01-27 20:17           ` Tobias Geerinckx-Rice
From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice @ 2019-01-27 20:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ricardo Wurmus; +Cc: Guix-devel, guix-finance

Ricardo Wurmus wrote:
> Ludovic Courtès <ludo@gnu.org> writes:
>
>> There’s a ledger for the Guix Europe non-profit¹, which is a
>> separate
>> entity, but most of the transactions on the funds held at the
>> FSF have
>> been made via Guix Europe.  Another use of the FSF fund has
>> been the
>> Outreachy internship (that predates the recent donation by
>> Handshake and
>> the change on the spending committee.)  I think it’s now time
>> to add a
>> new ledger to write this down.  Tobias, Ricardo?
>
> I agree.

As do I.

> Another expense that will be reimbursed soon has been the
> purchase of
> three Overdrive 1000 ARM workstations, which will be used as
> build nodes
> once they are relocated after FOSDEM.

Woot.

Kind regards,