unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* non-deterministic test suite failure for diffoscope
@ 2020-03-05 18:54 Vagrant Cascadian
From: Vagrant Cascadian @ 2020-03-05 18:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

I've occasionally seen non-deterministic failures in diffoscope's test
suite only on GNU Guix, and wondering if someone more familiar with how
guix's python-build-system calls pytest could look into it. The bug is
reported upstream here:

  https://salsa.debian.org/reproducible-builds/diffoscope/issues/74

I'm not sure if there's a guix bug related to this issue.

live well,
  vagrant

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: non-deterministic test suite failure for diffoscope
@ 2020-03-30 17:39 ` Vagrant Cascadian
From: Vagrant Cascadian @ 2020-03-30 17:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

On 2020-03-05, Vagrant Cascadian wrote:
> I've occasionally seen non-deterministic failures in diffoscope's test
> suite only on GNU Guix, and wondering if someone more familiar with how
> guix's python-build-system calls pytest could look into it. The bug is
> reported upstream here:
>
>   https://salsa.debian.org/reproducible-builds/diffoscope/issues/74
>
> I'm not sure if there's a guix bug related to this issue.

About to look at packaging the next diffoscope version, but it would be
good to troubleshoot this issue. It only seems to fail when built under
guix daemon, and not even deterministically then... so help from someone
with debugging python issues under guix would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

live well,
  vagrant