unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* Should Guix support writing CLI Common Lisp scripts? (Think Roswell)
@ 2022-12-27 18:14 jgart
From: jgart @ 2022-12-27 18:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel; +Cc: glv, Charles, contact

Hi Guixers,

Should Guix support writing CLI Common Lisp scripts? (Think Roswell)

> Although Roswell is a unified interface to Common Lisp implementations, it also encourages writing scripts with it.
> A "Roswell script" is an implementation-independent script which can be invoked from a shell command line, launched by > Roswell and run under standard CL environment.

Just insert "Guix" wherever you see Roswell mentioned in the above quote.

> * A roswell script can be distributed using quicklisp's infrastructure

Just insert "Guix" wherever you see quicklisp is mentioned in the above quote.

> If you're the author of the library, then consider adding the ros file to the repository and automatically providing a roswell-installable command-line interface to it.

Same above, insert Guix.

I think we should make it easier for Lispers to write CLI scripts with Guix.

WDYT

https://roswell.github.io/Roswell-as-a-Scripting-Environment.html