unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* Re: (Lx)Qt team in Guix
       [not found] <ZemQ-ChBfTaP7AP7@jurong>
@ 2024-03-08  1:46 ` Maxim Cournoyer
From: Maxim Cournoyer @ 2024-03-08  1:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Enge; +Cc: iyzsong, Hilton Chain, guix-devel

Hi Andreas,

+guix-devel

Andreas Enge <andreas@enge.fr> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I am reaching out since I am receiving in cc patches for Qt, and realise
> that I do not feel quite confident about them; I added myself because I
> feel able to work on C code, but I think you are much more involved and
> competent for Qt than I and also sufficiently numerous, so I could safely
> remove myself.
>
> But when trying to do so, I realised that the situation is a bit convoluted:
> In addition to a qt team, there is an lxqt team, and I was actually part
> only of the latter; but the two overlap in claiming responsibility for
> gnu/packages/qt.scm. Moreover Maxim is part of qt, and 宋文武 and I are
> part of lxqt.

I think the reason qt.scm is part of the lxqt team is historical; lxqt-team
predates qt-team.  We should probably just remove qt.scm from
lxqt-team's scope.  What do you think?

> So I would suggest to sort this out somehow; maybe merge lxqt into qt?

I'd keep both team separated; I'm interested in maintaining qt upgrades
but not much lxqt.

Maxim

* Re: (Lx)Qt team in Guix
@ 2024-03-08 11:05   ` Andreas Enge
From: Andreas Enge @ 2024-03-08 11:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Maxim Cournoyer; +Cc: iyzsong, Hilton Chain, guix-devel

Hello,

Am Thu, Mar 07, 2024 at 08:46:12PM -0500 schrieb Maxim Cournoyer:
> I think the reason qt.scm is part of the lxqt team is historical; lxqt-team
> predates qt-team.  We should probably just remove qt.scm from
> lxqt-team's scope.  What do you think?
>
> I'd keep both team separated; I'm interested in maintaining qt upgrades
> but not much lxqt.

that sounds good to me as well; and I would then encourage 宋文武 and
Hilton to join the Qt team, too.

Andreas

* Re: (Lx)Qt team in Guix
@ 2024-03-08 12:08   ` 宋文武
From: 宋文武 @ 2024-03-08 12:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Maxim Cournoyer; +Cc: Andreas Enge, Hilton Chain, guix-devel

Maxim Cournoyer <maxim.cournoyer@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi Andreas,
>
> +guix-devel
>
> Andreas Enge <andreas@enge.fr> writes:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am reaching out since I am receiving in cc patches for Qt, and realise
>> that I do not feel quite confident about them; I added myself because I
>> feel able to work on C code, but I think you are much more involved and
>> competent for Qt than I and also sufficiently numerous, so I could safely
>> remove myself.
>>
>> But when trying to do so, I realised that the situation is a bit convoluted:
>> In addition to a qt team, there is an lxqt team, and I was actually part
>> only of the latter; but the two overlap in claiming responsibility for
>> gnu/packages/qt.scm. Moreover Maxim is part of qt, and 宋文武 and I are
>> part of lxqt.
>
> I think the reason qt.scm is part of the lxqt team is historical; lxqt-team
> predates qt-team.  We should probably just remove qt.scm from
> lxqt-team's scope.  What do you think?
>
>> So I would suggest to sort this out somehow; maybe merge lxqt into qt?
>
> I'd keep both team separated; I'm interested in maintaining qt upgrades
> but not much lxqt.

Hello, I have just pushed 2 commits to remove qt.scm from the scope of
lxqt and add myself to the qt team.

Happy weekend!

* Re: (Lx)Qt team in Guix
@ 2024-03-09 14:45     ` Hilton Chain
From: Hilton Chain @ 2024-03-09 14:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Enge; +Cc: Maxim Cournoyer, 宋文武, guix-devel

Hi,

On Fri, 08 Mar 2024 19:05:57 +0800,
Andreas Enge wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Am Thu, Mar 07, 2024 at 08:46:12PM -0500 schrieb Maxim Cournoyer:
> > I think the reason qt.scm is part of the lxqt team is historical; lxqt-team
> > predates qt-team.  We should probably just remove qt.scm from
> > lxqt-team's scope.  What do you think?
> >
> > I'd keep both team separated; I'm interested in maintaining qt upgrades
> > but not much lxqt.
>
> that sounds good to me as well; and I would then encourage 宋文武 and
> Hilton to join the Qt team, too.

I don't know about Qt...  My existing commits to qt.scm are all fixes to package
definitions, so joining the Qt team doesn't sound suitable.

Thanks

* Re: (Lx)Qt team in Guix
@ 2024-03-09 18:02     ` Maxim Cournoyer
From: Maxim Cournoyer @ 2024-03-09 18:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 宋文武; +Cc: Andreas Enge, Hilton Chain, guix-devel

Hello,

宋文武 <iyzsong@envs.net> writes:

[...]

> Hello, I have just pushed 2 commits to remove qt.scm from the scope of
> lxqt and add myself to the qt team.
>
> Happy weekend!

Yay!  Thank you, and happy weekend to you as well!

Maxim