unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* state of darcs
@ 2016-11-29 23:52 ng0
From: ng0 @ 2016-11-29 23:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

I wanted to ask wether you made any progress with my darcs
package or if there's anything other people can help out with or
test.

♥Ⓐ  ng0  | ng0.chaosnet.org

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: state of darcs
@ 2016-11-30 20:52 ` Leo Famulari
From: Leo Famulari @ 2016-11-30 20:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ng0; +Cc: guix-devel

On Tue, Nov 29, 2016 at 11:52:07PM +0000, ng0 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wanted to ask wether you made any progress with my darcs
> package or if there's anything other people can help out with or
> test.

The only thing left is to make it use the TLS certificate store
correctly, right?

I seem to remember that the WIP Darcs package fails to connect to TLS
servers when it can't find the certificate store. Is that right? That's
better than if it silently fails to validate the server's certificate.

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: state of darcs
@ 2016-11-30 21:20   ` ng0
From: ng0 @ 2016-11-30 21:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Leo Famulari <leo@famulari.name> writes:

> On Tue, Nov 29, 2016 at 11:52:07PM +0000, ng0 wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I wanted to ask wether you made any progress with my darcs
>> package or if there's anything other people can help out with or
>> test.
>
> The only thing left is to make it use the TLS certificate store
> correctly, right?
>
> I seem to remember that the WIP Darcs package fails to connect to TLS
> servers when it can't find the certificate store. Is that right? That's
> better than if it silently fails to validate the server's certificate.

Yes, that's correct. And as far as I can recall discussions, it
was because of some other application, curl maybe? I'm not sure.

The interaction with non-tls darcs servers worked.
--
♥Ⓐ  ng0  | ng0.chaosnet.org

* Re: state of darcs
@ 2017-01-04 13:19     ` ng0
From: ng0 @ 2017-01-04 13:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

ng0 <ng0@libertad.pw> writes:

> Leo Famulari <leo@famulari.name> writes:
>
>> On Tue, Nov 29, 2016 at 11:52:07PM +0000, ng0 wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I wanted to ask wether you made any progress with my darcs
>>> package or if there's anything other people can help out with or
>>> test.
>>
>> The only thing left is to make it use the TLS certificate store
>> correctly, right?
>>
>> I seem to remember that the WIP Darcs package fails to connect to TLS
>> servers when it can't find the certificate store. Is that right? That's
>> better than if it silently fails to validate the server's certificate.
>
> Yes, that's correct. And as far as I can recall discussions, it
> was because of some other application, curl maybe? I'm not sure.
>
> The interaction with non-tls darcs servers worked.
> --
> ♥Ⓐ  ng0  | ng0.chaosnet.org

It seems as if fixing curl is in the way for darcs and curl and
gnurl and the pastebin I've sent several months ago.
I try to fix curl then, hope this will help to prevent these
patches from falling to bitrot.
--
♥Ⓐ  ng0
PGP keys and more: https://n0is.noblogs.org/ http://ng0.chaosnet.org