unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* Improving source code coverage at Software Heritage
@ 2019-09-24 14:46 Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2019-09-24 14:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guix-devel

Hello Guix!

You may remember the ‘archival’ checker for ‘guix lint’:

  https://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/37224

As noted in that issue, its main limitation is that it cannot perform
“save” requests for source tarballs.  Thus, tarballs that aren’t already
on SWH don’t get archived.

The issue mentions writing a “lister” for the SWH code base (in
Python).  Good news!  lewo of NixOS has started writing such a thing:

  https://forge.softwareheritage.org/D2025

It should be able to ingest data in a format similar to what we provide
at <https://guix.gnu.org/packages.json>.

It’s not done yet, so you’re welcome to give a hand on the Python side
or to adjust the format of ‘packages.json’, and to chime in in the issue
above!

Ludo’.

* Re: Improving source code coverage at Software Heritage
@ 2019-09-24 16:57 ` zimoun
From: zimoun @ 2019-09-24 16:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: Guix-devel

Hi,

On Tue, 24 Sep 2019 at 17:41, Ludovic Courtès <ludovic.courtes@inria.fr> wrote:

> The issue mentions writing a “lister” for the SWH code base (in
> Python).  Good news!  lewo of NixOS has started writing such a thing:
>
>   https://forge.softwareheritage.org/D2025

Nice !

> It should be able to ingest data in a format similar to what we provide
> at <https://guix.gnu.org/packages.json>.

How is the list generated?
I miss the bunch of code...

Thank you.

All the best,
simon

* Re: Improving source code coverage at Software Heritage
@ 2019-09-26  7:09   ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2019-09-26  7:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zimoun; +Cc: Guix-devel

Hi,

zimoun <zimon.toutoune@gmail.com> skribis:

> On Tue, 24 Sep 2019 at 17:41, Ludovic Courtès <ludovic.courtes@inria.fr> wrote:
>
>> The issue mentions writing a “lister” for the SWH code base (in
>> Python).  Good news!  lewo of NixOS has started writing such a thing:
>>
>>   https://forge.softwareheritage.org/D2025
>
> Nice !
>

>> It should be able to ingest data in a format similar to what we provide
>> at <https://guix.gnu.org/packages.json>.
>
> How is the list generated?

Like this:

  https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix/guix-artwork.git/tree/website/apps/packages/builder.scm#n87