unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* guix install nyxt failure
@ 2022-10-29  0:59 pierce glenn
From: pierce glenn @ 2022-10-29  0:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel@gnu.org

For the past few weeks, I have had install failures with nyxt.

I am running guix package manager on the Librem 5 and get the following. Always fails when it gets to inkscape. Anyone got pointers? I've heard to try --subsitute-urls, but I am already using the standard bordeaux and ci.guix. This is only a recent problem. Nyxt installed fine a month and a half ago, and I have loaded other software through guix without issue.

https://pastebin.com/rXR5Ysrv

Thanks

* Re: guix install nyxt failure
@ 2022-11-02 12:33 ` zimoun
From: zimoun @ 2022-11-02 12:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pierce glenn, guix-devel@gnu.org

Hi,

On sam., 29 oct. 2022 at 00:59, pierce glenn <pierceglenn@hotmail.com> wrote:
> For the past few weeks, I have had install failures with nyxt.
>
> I am running guix package manager on the Librem 5 and get the
> following. Always fails when it gets to inkscape. Anyone got pointers?
> I've heard to try --subsitute-urls, but I am already using the
> standard bordeaux and ci.guix. This is only a recent problem. Nyxt
> installed fine a month and a half ago, and I have loaded other
> software through guix without issue.

Currently, substitutes are only available for x86_64-linux and
i686-linux.  For other systems – as Librem 5, I guess – Nyxt is failing,
probably because some dependencies.

However, you report an issue with inkscape when there is no path between
nyxt and inkscape; at least, it is what “guix graph --path nyxt
inkscape” says.

Then, you report,

  269 |     Rect boundsFast() const override {
      |          ^~~~~~~~~~
 47% [###############                 ]guix install: error: corrupt input while restoring archive from socket

;;If I try to run again

~ $ guix install nyxt
guix install: error: failed to connect to `/var/guix/daemon-socket/socket': Connection refused

when guix-daemon had been stopped.  And that’s unexpected.

Cheers,
simon

* Re: guix install nyxt failure
@ 2023-03-07 21:09   ` Simon Tournier
From: Simon Tournier @ 2023-03-07 21:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pierce glenn, guix-devel@gnu.org

Hi,

On Wed, 02 Nov 2022 at 13:33, zimoun <zimon.toutoune@gmail.com> wrote:

> However, you report an issue with inkscape when there is no path between
> nyxt and inkscape; at least, it is what “guix graph --path nyxt
> inkscape” says.

My bad, that’s incorrect:

$ guix graph -t bag --path nyxt -e '(@@ (gnu packages inkscape) inkscape/stable)'
nyxt@2.2.4