unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* Zabbix web front-end broken on master
@ 2023-03-19 18:05 Kaelyn
From: Kaelyn @ 2023-03-19 18:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hi,

I wanted to bring attention to a patch I sent out a week ago: https://issues.guix.gnu.org/62137 updating Zabbix from 6.0.12 to 6.0.14.

My motivation for the update of the LTS version of Zabbix is to fix the web front-end, which has been broken since PHP was upgraded from 7.4.30 to 8.2.2. The front-end is written in PHP and currently none of the graphs will display properly because of deprecation warnings[1] new to PHP 8.2 (IIRC Zabbix 6.0.12 only supported up through PHP 8.1), and PHP 8.2 support is one of the main features of the 6.0.14 release[2].

I've been running the updated version on a small Cuirass server I've set up so that I could update the system to versions of Guix newer than late January, and have confirmed the graphs display properly again with the newer Zabbix release.

Cheers,
Kaelyn

[1] https://support.zabbix.com/browse/ZBXNEXT-8204
[2] https://www.zabbix.com/rn/rn6.0.14

* Re: Zabbix web front-end broken on master
@ 2023-03-21  3:13 ` Maxim Cournoyer
From: Maxim Cournoyer @ 2023-03-21  3:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kaelyn; +Cc: guix-devel

Hi,

Kaelyn <kaelyn.alexi@protonmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I wanted to bring attention to a patch I sent out a week ago:
> https://issues.guix.gnu.org/62137 updating Zabbix from 6.0.12 to
> 6.0.14.
>
> My motivation for the update of the LTS version of Zabbix is to fix
> the web front-end, which has been broken since PHP was upgraded from
> 7.4.30 to 8.2.2. The front-end is written in PHP and currently none of
> the graphs will display properly because of deprecation warnings[1]
> new to PHP 8.2 (IIRC Zabbix 6.0.12 only supported up through PHP 8.1),
> and PHP 8.2 support is one of the main features of the 6.0.14
> release[2].
>
> I've been running the updated version on a small Cuirass server I've
> set up so that I could update the system to versions of Guix newer
> than late January, and have confirmed the graphs display properly
> again with the newer Zabbix release.

Thanks for the heads-up; I've applied it.

Maxim