unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* idle3 (python3) bug?
@ 2017-01-27 22:11 ng0
From: ng0 @ 2017-01-27 22:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

When I try to start "idle3" with (guix build python3) in my
profile, I get the following message. Of course when running a
search I see there's output: "tk" and I would install that, but
should we point out (in the description) that for usage of "idle"
you will have to install the "tk" output?

What do you think?

ng0@wasp ~/s/h/python> idle3
** IDLE can't import Tkinter.
Your Python may not be configured for Tk. **

--
♥Ⓐ  ng0 -- https://www.inventati.org/patternsinthechaos/

* Re: idle3 (python3) bug?
@ 2017-01-28 11:02 ` ng0
From: ng0 @ 2017-01-28 11:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

ng0 <contact.ng0@cryptolab.net> writes:

> When I try to start "idle3" with (guix build python3) in my
> profile, I get the following message. Of course when running a
> search I see there's output: "tk" and I would install that, but
> should we point out (in the description) that for usage of "idle"
> you will have to install the "tk" output?
>
> What do you think?
>

> ng0@wasp ~/s/h/python> idle3
> ** IDLE can't import Tkinter.
> Your Python may not be configured for Tk. **
>
> --
> ♥Ⓐ  ng0 -- https://www.inventati.org/patternsinthechaos/

Sorry for the subject. I started the message with a different
content and then changed it, forgot to change the subject too.
--
♥Ⓐ  ng0 -- https://www.inventati.org/patternsinthechaos/