unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* [outreachy] “guix git log --date=”
@ 2021-02-01 19:49 zimoun
From: zimoun @ 2021-02-01 19:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Magali, Guix Devel, Gábor Boskovits

Hi Magali,

As discussed today at our weekly meeting, it could be cool to add the
option:

  guix git log --date=YYYY-MM-DD

listing the first (resp. last) commit date of the day.  Or maybe all the
commits of the days.  Using this information would be really useful to
feed “guix time-machine”.  The use case I am interested is to easily
find the commit when I only know the date of publication/submission of
the paper.

(Format for the date, at first, the one of “git log --date=short”.)

The second thing which could be nice is to profile a bit the function
“get-commits”.  Do not hesitate to ping here if you need help about
Guile profiler. :-)

Feel free to push the last features you implemented and drop an email
here to reach out testers. ;-)

Cheers,
simon