unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* [job] Semantic CSS Developer to implement new visual identity of a Guix based company
@ 2023-02-28 16:03 Giovanni Biscuolo
From: Giovanni Biscuolo @ 2023-02-28 16:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel; +Cc: SW - Andrea Rossi

Hello Guix developers,

[You can also find our announcement on the web:
https://beta.softwareworkers.it/en/jobs/2023-css-developer/]

We build our Content Management System (CMS) as a static site generator
based on Emacs Org mode and Guix to manage all software dependencies.

We are looking for a CSS developer to implement the new visual identity,
to be applied on our sites [0]. The assignment will be governed by the
Open Contract for Agile Development [1].

Those wishing to apply are invited to check their willingness to adhere
to our CMS design principles [2].

Knowledge of Git distributed version control system, literate
programming, Emacs Org mode authoring system and LASS [3] or similar
Lisp/Scheme based CSS pre-processors are valued as a plus.

All code and documentation will be released with a free copyleft
license.

If interested, please write to jobs@softwareworkers.it.

Happy hacking! Gio'

__________
Footnotes:

[0] The versions under development are:
https://beta.softwareworkers.it/ (institutional website)
https://beta.meup.io/ (operational portal)
https://doc.meup.io/ (documentation)

[1]
https://gitlab.com/softwareworkers/swws/-/blob/develop/documentation/source/doc.swws/en/legal/sprint-agreement/index.org

[2] https://doc.meup.io/colophon/#cms-design-principles

[3] https://shinmera.github.io/LASS/

--
Giovanni Biscuolo

Software Workers - IT Infrastructures

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: [job] Semantic CSS Developer to implement new visual identity of a Guix based company
@ 2023-05-19 11:16 ` Andrea Rossi
From: Andrea Rossi @ 2023-05-19 11:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hello everyone,
Time to give back: results and reflections after the job posting.

On 28/02/23 17:03, Giovanni Biscuolo wrote:
> We are looking for a CSS developer to implement the new visual
> identity,
> [...]
> If interested, please write to jobs@softwareworkers.it.

Thanks to the job post, we at Software Workers found the CSS developer,
and thanks to the developer, we got the semantic CSS we needed: it was a
success for both the end result (the CSS) and the method used (asking
for help on this list). While the link to the repo is enough to share
the result [0], we thought it would be useful to share some thoughts on
the method.
I'll do this by replying to Tobia's message of 28-02-2023.

Regards,
Andrea

[0]
https://gitlab.com/softwareworkers/swws/-/tree/develop/documentation/source/themes

--
Andrea Rossi
OpenPGP key: FCE2EDE78BD9B2CB

Software Workers srl
https://softwareworkers.it

* Re: [job] Semantic CSS Developer to implement new visual identity of a Guix based company
@ 2023-05-22 12:06   ` Luis Felipe
From: Luis Felipe @ 2023-05-22 12:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrea Rossi, guix-devel

[-- Attachment #1.1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 1016 bytes --]

Hi, Andrea, everyone:

El 19/05/23 a las 11:16, Andrea Rossi escribió:
> Hello everyone,
> Time to give back: results and reflections after the job posting.
>

> On 28/02/23 17:03, Giovanni Biscuolo wrote:
>> We are looking for a CSS developer to implement the new visual
>> identity,
>> [...]
>> If interested, please write to jobs@softwareworkers.it.
>

> Thanks to the job post, we at Software Workers found the CSS developer,
> and thanks to the developer, we got the semantic CSS we needed: it was a
> success for both the end result (the CSS) and the method used (asking
> for help on this list). While the link to the repo is enough to share
> the result [0], we thought it would be useful to share some thoughts on
> the method.

I took the liberty to post the results in the fediverse with an example
document that reflects the look and feel of the final work:

https://mastodon.online/@luis_felipe/110407583472879198

I hope other people find it useful as well.

Cheers,

[-- Attachment #1.1.2: OpenPGP public key --]

* Re: [job] Semantic CSS Developer to implement new visual identity of a Guix based company
@ 2023-05-29 11:07     ` Andrea Rossi
From: Andrea Rossi @ 2023-05-29 11:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

On 22/05/23 14:06, Luis Felipe wrote:

> I took the liberty to post the results in the fediverse with an
> example document that reflects the look and feel of the final work:
>
> https://mastodon.online/@luis_felipe/110407583472879198

Well done!
It was also an opportunity to see how well connected the few Guixers are
on a global scale: as soon as Ludo' boosted Luis Felipe's post, a friend
of mine here in Italy forwarded it to me (I'm not on Mastodon yet!). As
a company, we should definitely be paying more attention to social media
than we are.

> I hope other people find it useful as well.

The semantic approach to CSS results in crystal-clear code; in the long
run, it will win adherents not only for the intrinsic beauty of the
code, but also for the more mundane benefits of website maintenance.
Perhaps the lack of examples is a drawback, but we will do our part to
expand the cases covered: a new set of specifications (Sprint 3) is on
the way.

Cheers,

--
Andrea