unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* [ANN] "Practical, verifiable software freedom with GuixSD" presentation now available
@ 2018-03-28  0:56 Thompson, David
From: Thompson, David @ 2018-03-28  0:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hello everyone,

The FSF has uploaded my talk about Guix from this past weekend's
LibrePlanet conference.  If you're interested, you can watch it at
this URL:

https://media.libreplanet.org/u/libreplanet/m/practical-verifiable-software-freedom-with-guixsd/

The slide stream is not incorporated into the video, so you can
download them separately and follow along:

https://git.dthompson.us/presentations.git/blob_plain/HEAD:/2018-03-25-guix-libreplanet/guix-libreplanet.pdf

Enjoy!

- Dave

* Re: [ANN] "Practical, verifiable software freedom with GuixSD" presentation now available
@ 2018-03-29 11:32 ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2018-03-29 11:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thompson, David; +Cc: guix-devel

Hello!

"Thompson, David" <dthompson2@worcester.edu> skribis:

> The FSF has uploaded my talk about Guix from this past weekend's
> LibrePlanet conference.  If you're interested, you can watch it at
> this URL:
>
> https://media.libreplanet.org/u/libreplanet/m/practical-verifiable-software-freedom-with-guixsd/

Great talk!  It’s always refreshing to see new ways of approaching the
problem space and solutions that Guix provides.

> The slide stream is not incorporated into the video, so you can
> download them separately and follow along:

I heard the LP team may work on incorporating the slides somehow,
let’s see…

Thanks a lot!

Ludo’.

* Re: [ANN] "Practical, verifiable software freedom with GuixSD" presentation now available
@ 2018-04-03 22:59   ` myglc2
From: myglc2 @ 2018-04-03 22:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: guix-devel

Hi Dave,

On 03/29/2018 at 13:32 Ludovic Courtès writes:

> "Thompson, David" <dthompson2@worcester.edu> skribis:
>
>> The FSF has uploaded my talk about Guix from this past weekend's
>> LibrePlanet conference.  If you're interested, you can watch it at
>> this URL:
>>
>> https://media.libreplanet.org/u/libreplanet/m/practical-verifiable-software-freedom-with-guixsd/
>
> Great talk!  It’s always refreshing to see new ways of approaching the
> problem space and solutions that Guix provides.

WOW, I agree. I found the motivational examples outstanding!

Highly recommended for current users too ... I discovered cool things I
had failed to learn in 2 years of using GuixSD ;-)

>> The slide stream is not incorporated into the video, so you can
>> download them separately and follow along:
>
> I heard the LP team may work on incorporating the slides somehow,
> let’s see…

Even as separate items, the video + slides would be a great addition to
the Guix web site.

- George

* Re: [ANN] "Practical, verifiable software freedom with GuixSD" presentation now available
@ 2018-04-05 12:27     ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2018-04-05 12:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: myglc2; +Cc: guix-devel

myglc2@gmail.com skribis:

> Even as separate items, the video + slides would be a great addition to
> the Guix web site.

Done!

  https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/blog/2018/guix--reproducible-builds-at-libreplanet-2018/

Ludo'.