unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* Request for commit access
@ 2019-03-11 13:38 Paul Garlick
From: Paul Garlick @ 2019-03-11 13:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hi Guix,

May I request commit access for the Guix repositories?

This access would be primarily for maintaining and addding packages in
the (gnu packages maths/engineering/simulation) modules.

Also, I am preparing to do the narration for the Guix videos.  With
commit access, I will be able to push the audio files directly to
videos.git.

I  have an account on Savannah and have uploaded my OpenPGP key.

Best regards,

Paul Garlick.

* Re: Request for commit access
@ 2019-03-12 17:42 ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2019-03-12 17:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Garlick; +Cc: guix-devel

Hi Paul,

Paul Garlick <pgarlick@tourbillion-technology.com> skribis:

> May I request commit access for the Guix repositories?
>
> This access would be primarily for maintaining and addding packages in
> the (gnu packages maths/engineering/simulation) modules.
>
> Also, I am preparing to do the narration for the Guix videos.  With
> commit access, I will be able to push the audio files directly to
> videos.git.
>
> I  have an account on Savannah and have uploaded my OpenPGP key.

Great, that makes sense to me.

I’ve added you as a committer.  Could you please reply to this message
signed with the OpenPGP key that you’ll use to sign commits?

Please make sure to read ‘HACKING’ for the rules for commit access.  Do
not hesitate to ask if you have any questions about Git, the workflow,
or anything like that.

Thank you for your work on these modules, and welcome aboard!  :-)

Ludo’.

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Request for commit access
@ 2019-03-12 19:24   ` Ricardo Wurmus
From: Ricardo Wurmus @ 2019-03-12 19:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: guix-devel, Paul Garlick

Hi,

> This access would be primarily for maintaining and addding packages in
> the (gnu packages maths/engineering/simulation) modules.

Neat!

Welcome, Paul!

--
Ricardo

* Re: Request for commit access
@ 2019-03-13 21:57   ` Paul Garlick
From: Paul Garlick @ 2019-03-13 21:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: guix-devel

Hi Ludo,

> welcome aboard!  :-)

Great, many thanks.

I will use the attached OpenPGP subkey  for signing commits.

Best regards,

Paul.

* Re: Request for commit access
@ 2019-03-14  1:01     ` Laura Lazzati
From: Laura Lazzati @ 2019-03-14  1:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Garlick; +Cc: Guix-devel

> I will use the attached OpenPGP subkey  for signing commits.
Great!

Please, write to me to see how to improve the audios - appart from
haivng your native accent :)
Regards :)
Laura

* Re: Request for commit access
@ 2019-03-14 15:24       ` Paul Garlick
From: Paul Garlick @ 2019-03-14 15:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Laura Lazzati; +Cc: Guix-devel

Hi Laura,

I am looking forward to viewing the videos after I have cloned the
repository as a member.  Initially, I am not planning to make any
changes, just to make an estimate of the total speaking time.

I will update on progress and post any questions or comments on the
'Video narration' thread.

Best regards,

Paul.

* Re: Request for commit access
@ 2019-03-14 15:45         ` Laura Lazzati
From: Laura Lazzati @ 2019-03-14 15:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Garlick; +Cc: Guix-devel

Hi Paul :)

> I am looking forward to viewing the videos after I have cloned the
> repository as a member.  Initially, I am not planning to make any
> changes, just to make an estimate of the total speaking time.
I more or less added what it took to me, but when you record even a
draft because of the format, that would be the "real timing". I guess
I told you but the only parts in which I did not record the audios was
in the cli session videos. Now that I have a headset and the
environmental noice is reduced quite a lot, I could try to add my
voice to them, WDYT Guix? But for the slide videos, my voice and the
transcript are enough for a reference :)

Regards :)
Laura

* Re: Request for commit access
@ 2019-03-14 19:24           ` Alex Vong
From: Alex Vong @ 2019-03-14 19:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Laura Lazzati; +Cc: Guix-devel, Paul Garlick

Hello all,

Laura Lazzati <laura.lazzati.15@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi Paul :)
>
>> I am looking forward to viewing the videos after I have cloned the
>> repository as a member.  Initially, I am not planning to make any
>> changes, just to make an estimate of the total speaking time.
> I more or less added what it took to me, but when you record even a
> draft because of the format, that would be the "real timing". I guess
> I told you but the only parts in which I did not record the audios was
> in the cli session videos. Now that I have a headset and the
> environmental noice is reduced quite a lot, I could try to add my
> voice to them, WDYT Guix? But for the slide videos, my voice and the
> transcript are enough for a reference :)

Just in case people don't know about it, there's a wonderful piece of
free software called audacity, which can be used for audio processing.

While I haven't tried it before, I believe it can be used for noise
reduction. (I myself mostly use audacity for fade in, fade out, loudness
normalization, changing tempo, adding silence and overlaying tracks.)

Hope it help :)

> Regards :)
> Laura

Cheers,
Alex

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Request for commit access
@ 2019-03-15  0:44             ` Laura Lazzati
From: Laura Lazzati @ 2019-03-15  0:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alex Vong; +Cc: Guix-devel, Paul Garlick

Hi Alex!

> Hope it help :)
Thank you very much! I have it installed but did not have headsets by
that time, ended up recording them the hard way.

Regards :)
Laura

* Re: Request for commit access
@ 2019-03-16 10:23             ` swedebugia