unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* Anyone working on encrypted root?
@ 2016-10-01 22:22 dian_cecht
From: dian_cecht @ 2016-10-01 22:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hello,

     I'm currently looking to try GuixSD on my laptop, and for that I use full
disk encryption. The reason I'm emailing this list is to see if anyone is
currently working on encrypted root and if they need someone to help testing.

* Re: Anyone working on encrypted root?
@ 2016-10-02 11:16 ` ng0
From: ng0 @ 2016-10-02 11:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dian_cecht, guix-devel

Hi,

dian_cecht@zoho.com writes:

> Hello,
>
>      I'm currently looking to try GuixSD on my laptop, and for that I use full
> disk encryption. The reason I'm emailing this list is to see if anyone is
> currently working on encrypted root and if they need someone to help testing.

As far as I know Jookia was working on it at some point but current
workflow got them frustrated.

If you search around the archives of guix-devel you'll find this thread:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2016-03/msg00396.html
I fail to find the git... I'll ask Jookia and if you haven't found it
yourself, I'll add it to this thread.

Thanks for picking up the work.

* Re: Anyone working on encrypted root?
@ 2016-10-02 17:41   ` dian_cecht
From: dian_cecht @ 2016-10-02 17:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

On Sun, Oct 02, 2016 at 11:16:00AM +0000, ng0 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As far as I know Jookia was working on it at some point but current
> workflow got them frustrated.
>
> If you search around the archives of guix-devel you'll find this thread:
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2016-03/msg00396.html
> I fail to find the git... I'll ask Jookia and if you haven't found it
> yourself, I'll add it to this thread.
>
> Thanks for picking up the work.

I make no promises. I've already tried to sort out the init code and had to
stop, but if I can get some help I might be able to figure something out. Again,
no promises.

* Re: Anyone working on encrypted root?
@ 2016-10-04  9:36     ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2016-10-04  9:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

dian_cecht@zoho.com skribis:

> On Sun, Oct 02, 2016 at 11:16:00AM +0000, ng0 wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> As far as I know Jookia was working on it at some point but current
>> workflow got them frustrated.
>>
>> If you search around the archives of guix-devel you'll find this thread:
>> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2016-03/msg00396.html
>> I fail to find the git... I'll ask Jookia and if you haven't found it
>> yourself, I'll add it to this thread.
>>
>> Thanks for picking up the work.
>
> I make no promises. I've already tried to sort out the init code and had to
> stop, but if I can get some help I might be able to figure something out. Again,
> no promises.

See <http://bugs.gnu.org/21843> for the work-in-progress in this area.
There’s even a patch awaiting testing.

TIA,