unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* Starting SLiM on multiple ttys
@ 2019-04-27  9:26 Diego Nicola Barbato
From: Diego Nicola Barbato @ 2019-04-27  9:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hello Guix,

I would like to propose an enhancement to our SLiM service which would
allow it to be started on multiple ttys (much like our mingetty
service).  I believe this would be useful for users who do not want to
use GDM but still want to be able to run multiple graphical sessions at
the same time.

For this to work we would have to patch our SLiM package along the lines
of this [0] since the Xorg display is currently hard coded (although we
probably do not need the command line option).

I have attached a crude proof of concept which can be tested by running
something along the lines of:
qemu-system-x86_64 -snapshot -enable-kvm -m 4G $(guix system vm-image config.scm)

Regards,

Diego

[0]: http://www.beroal.in.ua/prg/linux/slim-conf-arg.patch