unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* Back from FOSDEM
@ 2014-02-03 22:02 Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2014-02-03 22:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hello!

I’ve just put the slides of my FOSDEM talk on-line:

  http://www.gnu.org/software/guix/guix-fosdem-20140201.pdf

The talk went well.  I think there were ~50 people in the room,
including one Guix hacker (hi Alex! ;-)).  Hopefully videos will be
available soon.

The first part of the talk was very similar to that of this summer, with
demos.  The second part featured the system configuration stuff and dmd,
with an incredible demo, which you might be able to guess by looking at
Saturday’s commits.  :-)

Ludo’.

* Re: Back from FOSDEM
@ 2014-04-05 11:10 ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2014-04-05 11:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

ludo@gnu.org (Ludovic Courtès) skribis:

> I’ve just put the slides of my FOSDEM talk on-line:
>
>   http://www.gnu.org/software/guix/guix-fosdem-20140201.pdf

It’s taken some time, but the video is finally on-line:

  http://video.fosdem.org/2014/H1302_Depage/Sunday/Growing_a_GNU_with_Guix.webm

It sucks somewhat because in the first 16mn we can’t see the slides.
Oh well.

(Thanks to Nikita for the final check on the video review web site.)

Ludo’.

* Re: Back from FOSDEM
@ 2014-04-05 14:30   ` David Thompson
From: David Thompson @ 2014-04-05 14:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès, guix-devel

Ludovic Courtès <ludo@gnu.org> writes:

> ludo@gnu.org (Ludovic Courtès) skribis:
>
> It’s taken some time, but the video is finally on-line:
>
>   http://video.fosdem.org/2014/H1302_Depage/Sunday/Growing_a_GNU_with_Guix.webm
>
> It sucks somewhat because in the first 16mn we can’t see the slides.
> Oh well.
>
> (Thanks to Nikita for the final check on the video review web site.)
>
> Ludo’.

Finally!  I've been looking forward to seeing this.

Even though you can't see the slides for the first 16 minutes, I worked
around it by downloading the slides at
http://www.gnu.org/software/guix/guix-fosdem-20140201.pdf and following
along.  It was pretty easy to tell when you were switching slides.

Thanks for the cool talk!

- Dave