unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* Add ssd and sawfish-page
@ 2015-05-22  0:45 Feng Shu
From: Feng Shu @ 2015-05-22  0:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix; +Cc: Feng Shu

For Sawfish user, the below two packages are very useful, suggest add to guix.

1. https://github.com/SawfishWM/ssd
2. https://github.com/SawfishWM/sawfish-pager

Thanks

* Re: Add ssd and sawfish-page
@ 2015-05-22  7:54 ` Andreas Enge
From: Andreas Enge @ 2015-05-22  7:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Feng Shu; +Cc: guix

Hello,

On Fri, May 22, 2015 at 08:45:30AM +0800, Feng Shu wrote:
> For Sawfish user, the below two packages are very useful, suggest add to guix.
> 1. https://github.com/SawfishWM/ssd
> 2. https://github.com/SawfishWM/sawfish-pager

as Guix is a collaborative project, you are very welcome to try to add them
yourself! You can copy-paste and modify an existing package, the manual
provides some help, and I have given a talk on how to package:
   https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/guix-ghm-andreas-20130823.pdf
It is a bit outdated, but might still be helpful. You can also ask for
help on the mailing list and the irc channel.

Now I would suggest to start with something simple, and am not sure if your
examples fall into that category...

Andreas

* Re: Add ssd and sawfish-page
@ 2015-05-22 13:14   ` Feng Shu
From: Feng Shu @ 2015-05-22 13:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel; +Cc: Feng Shu

Andreas Enge <andreas@enge.fr> writes:

> Hello,
>
> On Fri, May 22, 2015 at 08:45:30AM +0800, Feng Shu wrote:
>> For Sawfish user, the below two packages are very useful, suggest add to guix.
>> 1. https://github.com/SawfishWM/ssd> 2. https://github.com/SawfishWM/sawfish-pager
>
> as Guix is a collaborative project, you are very welcome to try to add them
> yourself! You can copy-paste and modify an existing package, the manual
> provides some help, and I have given a talk on how to package:
>    https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/guix-ghm-andreas-20130823.pdfIt is a bit outdated, but might still be helpful. You can also ask for
> help on the mailing list and the irc channel.

I have read the sawfish.scm, its code is very complicate and beyond my
ability.....