unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* Possible error on glibc package specification
@ 2020-12-11  9:34 Anonymous_
From: Anonymous_ @ 2020-12-11  9:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

[-- Attachment #1.1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 1065 bytes --]

I that even after installing glibc-2.31 gcc still cant build static
binaries, I just used -static flag, which shows that libc.a is not
present, Im just new in Guix then I do not know how to create packages
or patches, but I believe the problem is around this part of package
spec
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/tree/gnu/packages/base.scm#n851

I dont know Scheme at all, but those line around line 851 seems to be
moving or not moving the statically linked correct, will probably can
help when I learn how to debug package specifications, but Im sending
this email because I think its worth to someone take a look. Since some
applications relies on gcc being able to produce static binaries,
another improvement can be to allow gcc produce static-pie by default..
Let me know what you all think.

I will probably get on IRC in a few days, I just dont get online because
I had not time to configure Tor SASL authentication on freenode... For
now i just I want to say that im enjoyng to use Guix :)

Regards, Anonymous_

[-- Attachment #1.1.2: OpenPGP_0x8E28A44555230AEC.asc --]

* Re: Possible error on glibc package specification
@ 2020-12-11 12:50 ` Tobias Geerinckx-Rice
From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice @ 2020-12-11 12:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Anonymous_; +Cc: guix-devel