unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* About GSoC 2014
@ 2014-03-02  7:56 Xue Fuqiao
From: Xue Fuqiao @ 2014-03-02  7:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hi list,

Having used Emacs for 4 years, I am a Chinese student and an Emacs
developer.  I'd like to work on Guix under the GNU umbrella for GSoC
2014, especially this project:

  * Package management from Emacs
    The goal of this project is to write a complete package management
    user interface for use in GNU Emacs. The UI would provide the same
    functionality as the `guix package' command, but using an interface
    similar to that of package.el.

I have write access to Emacs repo, so it isn't hard for me to add this
package to GNU ELPA or Emacs proper.

I'm not quite familiar with Scheme/Guix (yet), but I like them and am
willing to learn.  Currently, I'm learning Geiser and reading
README/HACKING/ROADMAP/TODO/guix.texi now.
--
http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/