unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* Hacker Public Radio (podcast) interview about Guix
@ 2017-01-07 18:11 Christopher Allan Webber
From: Christopher Allan Webber @ 2017-01-07 18:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel@gnu.org

Hello!  In late 2015 I was interviewed about Guix for Hacker Public
Radio.  Obviously, a lot has happened since then, but the ideas are
still relevant.  This is mainly aimed at people who are interested in
what Guix is and have maybe never even heard of what functional package
management is, and I think it covers that well enough.  But I think it
will still also be fun for seasoned Guix hackers who like to hear people
talk about Guix. ;)

  http://hackerpublicradio.org/eps.php?id=2198

It's not a perfect interview, but I do think it's a lot of fun.
Hopefully you enjoy it!

 - Chris

* Re: Hacker Public Radio (podcast) interview about Guix
@ 2017-01-09  8:03 ` Maxim Cournoyer
From: Maxim Cournoyer @ 2017-01-09  8:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christopher Allan Webber; +Cc: guix-devel@gnu.org

Thanks for sharing!

* Re: Hacker Public Radio (podcast) interview about Guix
@ 2017-01-09 11:06 ` Alex Sassmannshausen
From: Alex Sassmannshausen @ 2017-01-09 11:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christopher Allan Webber; +Cc: guix-devel@gnu.org

Listening to it now — thanks for the link :-)

Alex

@ 2017-01-14 13:36 ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2017-01-14 13:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christopher Allan Webber; +Cc: guix-devel@gnu.org

Hello Guix!

Christopher Allan Webber <cwebber@dustycloud.org> skribis:

> Hello!  In late 2015 I was interviewed about Guix for Hacker Public
> Radio.  Obviously, a lot has happened since then, but the ideas are
> still relevant.  This is mainly aimed at people who are interested in
> what Guix is and have maybe never even heard of what functional package
> management is, and I think it covers that well enough.  But I think it
> will still also be fun for seasoned Guix hackers who like to hear people
> talk about Guix. ;)
>
>   http://hackerpublicradio.org/eps.php?id=2198

I listened to it the other day and found it super interesting and fun!
I like the description of how you came to Guile and Guix, the intro to
functional programming, and the great overview of Guix.

Recommended!  :-)

Ludo’.

* Re: Hacker Public Radio (podcast) interview about Guix
@ 2017-01-17 23:27   ` Christopher Allan Webber
From: Christopher Allan Webber @ 2017-01-17 23:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: guix-devel@gnu.org

Ludovic Courtès writes:

> Hello Guix!
>
> Christopher Allan Webber <cwebber@dustycloud.org> skribis:
>
>> Hello!  In late 2015 I was interviewed about Guix for Hacker Public
>> Radio.  Obviously, a lot has happened since then, but the ideas are
>> still relevant.  This is mainly aimed at people who are interested in
>> what Guix is and have maybe never even heard of what functional package
>> management is, and I think it covers that well enough.  But I think it
>> will still also be fun for seasoned Guix hackers who like to hear people
>> talk about Guix. ;)
>>
>>   http://hackerpublicradio.org/eps.php?id=2198
>
> I listened to it the other day and found it super interesting and fun!
> I like the description of how you came to Guile and Guix, the intro to
> functional programming, and the great overview of Guix.
>
> Recommended!  :-)
>
> Ludo’.

Thanks for the kind words! :)