unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* (cuirass) Consistent naming and presentation on the front page.
@ 2018-11-19 11:37 swedebugia
From: swedebugia @ 2018-11-19 11:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hi

I propose we stick to one naming scheme and keep it in both urls and the
web-ui.

I propose to completely drop the words "evaluation(s)" and "build(s)" as
this is just confusing and implement the following changes:

Look at http://berlin.guixsd.org/ and see how it looks now.

Specifications:
--------------
Name	        Inputs
wip-rust	wip-rust (on wip-rust)

Jobsets (for specification: wip-rust)
------------------------------------
Jobset ID	Input changes		Success      Status
1321		wip-rust → 4df3e06	4340         active/inactive

Jobs in jobset #1231:
----------------------
	ID	Specification	Completion time
(icon)	586752	wip-rust	12 Nov 21:59 +0100

Jobname				Packagename
rust-1.24.1.x86_64-linux	rust-1.24.1

System		Log
x86_64-linux	raw

I changed:
Jobs renamed /job/jobname/ and /name/packagename/ and removed "builds of
evaluation"
Jobset renamed /#/jobset id/ and removed "evaluations of"

Jobs have status succede/failed/canceled/pending and logs.
Jobsets can be active/inactive
Specifications does not have a status but an input.

Also I would like to propagate the status and links from the jobset-page
to the header of the jobs-page (now with the uri /eval/####) below the
title like this:

"Browse by jobstatus: # succeded # failed # pending" (with textlinks)

Thoughts?

Presentation:
If somebody really want to mention evaluation and build I suggest to
describe the whole build-server rationale on the frontpage in a paragraph.

There we could also describe the machines, hardware and status of the
whole shabang and a paragraph with thanks to MDC for donating/hosting
the hardware to make this possible.

What do you think?

--
Cheers Swedebugia