unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* video status
@ 2018-12-16 13:55 Laura Lazzati
From: Laura Lazzati @ 2018-12-16 13:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guix-devel; +Cc: Ricardo Wurmus

Hi guix!

I am writing a quick mail to tell you about the status of the videos.
I have been trying Ricardo's proposed tools that are in the
libreplanet site, and have created videos with audio and slides first
in English, and then translated previous slides from a presentation
adding to them only the translated slides, not the translated audios.
I will be creating a Makefile to automate this these days, as well as
looking at the tools for adding subtitles.
The videos are short, they have just three slides and are not about
the documentation stuff. I will probably be writing both here or over
the IRC channel if I am blocked with sth related to technical stuff.
Also feel free to share your ideas, also about the tools.

Regards :)
Laura

* Re: video status
@ 2018-12-16 22:07 ` Joshua Branson
From: Joshua Branson @ 2018-12-16 22:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Laura Lazzati <laura.lazzati.15@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi guix!
>
> I am writing a quick mail to tell you about the status of the videos.
> I have been trying Ricardo's proposed tools that are in the
> libreplanet site, and have created videos with audio and slides first
> in English, and then translated previous slides from a presentation
> adding to them only the translated slides, not the translated audios.
> I will be creating a Makefile to automate this these days, as well as
> looking at the tools for adding subtitles.
> The videos are short, they have just three slides and are not about
> the documentation stuff. I will probably be writing both here or over
> the IRC channel if I am blocked with sth related to technical stuff.
> Also feel free to share your ideas, also about the tools.

Awesome!  I've felt for a while now, that GNU should have some video
documentation to share!  Thanks for doing this!

--
Joshua Branson
Sent from Emacs and Gnus

* Re: video status
@ 2018-12-18 10:57 ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2018-12-18 10:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Laura Lazzati; +Cc: Guix-devel, Ricardo Wurmus

Hi Laura,

Laura Lazzati <laura.lazzati.15@gmail.com> skribis:

> I am writing a quick mail to tell you about the status of the videos.
> I have been trying Ricardo's proposed tools that are in the
> libreplanet site, and have created videos with audio and slides first
> in English, and then translated previous slides from a presentation
> adding to them only the translated slides, not the translated audios.
> I will be creating a Makefile to automate this these days, as well as
> looking at the tools for adding subtitles.
> The videos are short, they have just three slides and are not about
> the documentation stuff. I will probably be writing both here or over
> the IRC channel if I am blocked with sth related to technical stuff.
> Also feel free to share your ideas, also about the tools.

Thanks for the update.  It sounds like you’re on the right track and
it’s exciting to see this happening!

Ludo’.