unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* Mumi Feature Request: Easier way to apply patches from web interface
@ 2023-01-29 16:51 jgart
From: jgart @ 2023-01-29 16:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel; +Cc: Arun Isaac

Hi Guixers,

This is a feature request for mumi.

What do you think if mumi had a feature that gives the user a generated command like this one (the following url is probably not correct) and shows it in the web interface for each patch series?

curl -s https://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/61036/raw/1 | git am -3

The new user can then just copy paste the above command to apply the patch and review it.

sr.ht's mailing list service implements the feature:

https://lists.sr.ht/~whereiseveryone/bangs/patches/38520

See on the right in the html where it says "How do I use this?":

https://lists.sr.ht/~whereiseveryone/toys/patches/38089

The code for that implementation is here:

https://git.sr.ht/~sircmpwn/lists.sr.ht/tree/master/item/listssrht/templates/patchset.html#L174

It looks like they are using their graphql API to get that information for the jinja template:

https://git.sr.ht/~sircmpwn/lists.sr.ht/tree/master/item/listssrht/blueprints/api/lists.py#L41

* Re: Mumi Feature Request: Easier way to apply patches from web interface
@ 2023-01-29 17:12 ` jgart
From: jgart @ 2023-01-29 17:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel; +Cc: Arun Isaac

Note that I realize that this is possible:

https://man.sr.ht/~whereiseveryone/wiki/tipsandtricks.md#applying-patches-from-issuesguixgnuorg

or

wget -O- https://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/48364/patch-set/2 | git am

What this feature is is to generate the appropriate command for the respective patch series that you'd like to apply from https://issues.guix.gnu.org

* Re: Mumi Feature Request: Easier way to apply patches from web interface
@ 2023-01-30  1:31   ` 宋文武
From: 宋文武 @ 2023-01-30  1:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jgart; +Cc: guix-devel, Arun Isaac

"jgart" <jgart@dismail.de> writes:

> Note that I realize that this is possible:
>
> https://man.sr.ht/~whereiseveryone/wiki/tipsandtricks.md#applying-patches-from-issuesguixgnuorg
>
> or
>
> wget -O- https://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/48364/patch-set/2 | git am
>
> What this feature is is to generate the appropriate command for the respective patch series that you'd like to apply from https://issues.guix.gnu.org

Maybe add a guix command for issues/patches?

guix issues new
guix issues open nnn
guix issues reply nnn
guix issues apply nnn
guix issues close nnn

* Re: Mumi Feature Request: Easier way to apply patches from web interface
@ 2023-01-30  1:37   ` jgart
From: jgart @ 2023-01-30  1:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 宋文武; +Cc: guix-devel, Arun Isaac

宋文武,

That's an great idea!

Reminds me of tissue, the text based issue tracker, written in Guile by Arun Isaac:

https://git.systemreboot.net/tissue/

I think it would be amazing for the guix CLI to have integration with issues/debbugs.

@ 2023-01-31 23:38     ` Arun Isaac
From: Arun Isaac @ 2023-01-31 23:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 宋文武, jgart; +Cc: guix-devel

> Maybe add a guix command for issues/patches?
>
> guix issues new
> guix issues open nnn
> guix issues reply nnn
> guix issues apply nnn
> guix issues close nnn

Indeed, we should have something like this. But, probably better to put
it in mumi so that other projects that use debbugs (I have skribilo in
mind) can also benefit.

* Re: Mumi Feature Request: Easier way to apply patches from web interface
@ 2023-02-01  1:52       ` 宋文武
From: 宋文武 @ 2023-02-01  1:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Arun Isaac; +Cc: jgart, guix-devel

Arun Isaac <arunisaac@systemreboot.net> writes:

>> Maybe add a guix command for issues/patches?
>>
>> guix issues new
>> guix issues open nnn
>> guix issues reply nnn
>> guix issues apply nnn
>> guix issues close nnn
>
> Indeed, we should have something like this. But, probably better to put
> it in mumi so that other projects that use debbugs (I have skribilo in
> mind) can also benefit.

Yes, put it in mumi make senses, find a previous thread:
<https://yhetil.org/guix/877d6vspez.fsf@elephly.net/>