unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* How to send revision patches to old issues in DEBBUGS so Guix QA can look at them?
@ 2023-10-14 20:46 Andy Tai
From: Andy Tai @ 2023-10-14 20:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hi, per Chris's recent comments, Guix QA only looks at (a window of)
recently created issues due to storage space limitations, which is
understandable.

However, if I have update (package definition) patches to not very
recent issues, such as some stale issues sitting there for some time,
Guix QA does not pick these revisions up.  Then these revisions will
not be reviewed and would not be merged.

Ideally, Guix QA should look at recent patch submissions to the
guix-patches mailing list but not sure if that is easy to implement.

Then what is the best way to make recent patches to old issues covered
by Guix QA?  I tried to create new issues and then merge old issues
into the new ones but that is probably not a good way to go or good
thing to do.

* Re: How to send revision patches to old issues in DEBBUGS so Guix QA can look at them?
@ 2023-10-16 15:36 ` Maxim Cournoyer
From: Maxim Cournoyer @ 2023-10-16 15:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andy Tai; +Cc: guix-devel

Hi Andy,

Andy Tai <atai@atai.org> writes:

> Hi, per Chris's recent comments, Guix QA only looks at (a window of)
> recently created issues due to storage space limitations, which is
> understandable.
>
> However, if I have update (package definition) patches to not very
> recent issues, such as some stale issues sitting there for some time,
> Guix QA does not pick these revisions up.  Then these revisions will
> not be reviewed and would not be merged.
>
> Ideally, Guix QA should look at recent patch submissions to the
> guix-patches mailing list but not sure if that is easy to implement.
>
> Then what is the best way to make recent patches to old issues covered
> by Guix QA?  I tried to create new issues and then merge old issues
> into the new ones but that is probably not a good way to go or good
> thing to do.

After rebasing the old series locally, you can send it to the *same bug
ID* with a bumped version (e.g. git send-email -v2
... --to=NNNNN@debbugs.gnu.org).

Maxim

* Re: How to send revision patches to old issues in DEBBUGS so Guix QA can look at them?
@ 2023-10-16 15:59   ` Andy Tai
From: Andy Tai @ 2023-10-16 15:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Maxim Cournoyer; +Cc: guix-devel

Maxim, I know about this.  Problem is Guix QA does not look at old issues

@ 2023-10-16 16:26     ` Maxim Cournoyer
From: Maxim Cournoyer @ 2023-10-16 16:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andy Tai; +Cc: guix-devel

Hi,

Andy Tai <atai@atai.org> writes:

> Maxim, I know about this.  Problem is Guix QA does not look at old issues

OK; sorry for the noise.  It's an improvement that is desired in in QA,
I see.

Maxim

* Re: How to send revision patches to old issues in DEBBUGS so Guix QA can look at them?
@ 2023-10-17 17:39 ` Christopher Baines
From: Christopher Baines @ 2023-10-17 17:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andy Tai; +Cc: guix-devel